SIRIUSLY - When Sirius Radio & Travel Link 6 Months Expire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought 64GB USB flash drives and put them in both cars that have Sync.

No need for Satellite radio now that I have close to 15,000 songs at my disposal.

quicksinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I told them after their constant calling that I would only subscribe if it would wash my truck once a week.

JohntheDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With my subscription close to expiring, I called them to see what their best offer was. Like I mentioned in my earlier post, XM radio left me with a bad taste in my mouth and I swore never again would I let Sirius OR XM get their fingers into my checking account or my credit card account. I pay my bills on time and have an awesome credit score. I pay my bill electronically, but I push the button, meaning I am the one who controls who gets paid, and when they get paid. They were nice enough, but they are the sales department and pretty much have to be if they want sales at all. I spent 40 minutes on the phone and spoke to three different people, all of which could not give me what I wanted. What I wanted was to be billed monthly, where I myself pull the trigger on the payment. They can do that, but they wanted me to pay a two dollar per month service charge. Nope not gonna happen. Why should I fork out the extra? I have Sync with MANY hours of music at my fingertips. I mention that I would LIKE to have Sirius, but don't NEED Sirius and that this issue IS a deal breaker for me. Turns out, they say, because they "are not set up to bill that way" they could not help me. I don't understand it, if I don't pay, stop service. Simple as that. As long as I pay on time, no issue and everybody is happy. I pay $36 a YEAR for Pandora One and that's a customizable online music service that play songs I want to hear, so what's my motivation to pay the extra? There is none. Bye bye Sirius. Good luck with your stock. Sync all the way! Excellent job Ford!

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got a three month for the price of one deal three months ago. Even the Sirius rep suggested that I ask for invoice billing. She said the invoice fee is $2 but that if you call them they will credit you the $2. So I went for it. (But it's a huge PITA to call them... you end up on hold forever... but they did credit the $2.)

The three month plan was ready to expire so I thought I'd consider a plan... went to the website and most of the plans were marked "not available" for my radio. I was also annoyed by the fact that you cannot unsubscribe on-line... you need to call.

They had one plan called "mostly music" that did show up as available. So I thought I'd sign up for a year. Spoke to Sirius and they told me that "mostly music" is not available for my radio. ???? So considering the hassle of their extra invoicing fees... the horror stories about cancellation problems if you ever let them have your credit card info... the fact that you can't cancel on-line... the fact that the make you take a deluxe plan or nothing... I decided to cancel. I asked the lady that helped me for a cancellation confirmation number and she would not give me one. She said it would be emailed to me... never got it.

If Sirius wasn't such a crappy place to deal with I would have kept the service.

AuPanda

Reaction score
What I hate most about Sirius/XM is that sound quality is awful. If you get for the sports thats one thing, though the announcers sound like they are imprisoned in an aluminum can, but the music quality is unlistenable.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Sirius called me to renew the other day, but I had already done a "discounted" Autorenewal a few months back. Anyhow they were trying to renew my other 2010 F150. WTF I only have one truck. When I finally convinced them I only had one truck they said they needed to transfer me to customer care so they could cancel the other account. I was on hold 30 minutes before I gave up. I have a feeling my "other f150" was actually the renewal for the travel link. But they were trying to renew it as a radio subscription. Terribly run company. If Stern Leaves they are going to tank.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, my TravelLink died last week, 1 year after I got my Raptor. I need TravelLink more than Sirius radio which had already expired so it was time to get in the cage with the animal (Sirius). I went online and did some research and read about a $77.00 for a year deal for Sirius. Also saw TravelLink was $45 for 2 years and $23 for one year. I also realized that Sirius cannot spell "customer service" and their phone people sit in a room and spin a wheel to see which price they're giving you. I expected the worst and here's what I got:

> They had no record of me or my Raptor's two ESN numbers (Sirius and Sirius TravelLink)
> They had to set up a new account for me
> Their computer crashed at least 3 times meaning I had to give the guy my information 3 separate times. He started to memorize my street, city, zip and phone number by the time we were done.
> He offered me:
1. 99 cents "semi-annual" (for 1 month) and an additional 6 months for $89.59 = 7 months for $90.58 * ($12.94/month) *
2. 5 months for $20 with 6 months plan after that for $89.59 = 11 months for $109.59 * ($9.96/month)

I told him I got a flyer in the mail offering me $77 for a year. It was then he offered me:

3. $77.00 * for one year with a 2nd year at $164.24 * auto renewal. He then made it clear that the $164.24 would be automatic unless I cancelled before the first year ended! So the 2nd year is cancellable which is idiotic but I figure they do it hoping that people don't remember to cancel and they keep on raking in the cash.

* None of these prices include the US Music Royalty fee which brought my total to $88.78 for the first year. I argued with him but he was inflexible about the royalty fee.

I asked him if they bundled the Sirius TravelLink in with the service and of course they don't! Because of all the problems with the computer crashing multiple times he offered me TravelLink free for 6 months which I accepted. I asked him why they don't have plans that run the same length. He said there are two ESN numbers and they're separate services. That "makes sense" in the Sirius world of the worst "customer service" ever.

OK, so I'm done, right? Well, no and no. First he asks me for a credit or debit card and I knew this is where they cause their customers all kinds of problems as I've heard they don't cancel service even after repeated calls. Then he says to me do you want to be invoiced?! I said, YES! I'll take the invoice please. So he turned on my service, gave me my account number and said I'll be invoiced for my first year and my service will be automatically renewed with another invoice for the 2nd year. LOL

Of course he tried to sell me on some radios and other stuff that would make great Christmas presents but I wanted no part of that.

I'm golden. As long as they turn on the service! :mrgreen:

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 'Dear John' (oops Dear Customer) letter sitting at home waiting for me to re-up. They're currently 'offering' a combined radio+travel for:

1 Yr: $201
2 Yr: $370

I'm really going to hate making this call. Currently my *primary* Sirius radio account is in the Jeep. I want to move that to the Raptor, make the Jeep the secondary (and use the lower secondary vehicle rate for the JP).

If it's slow at work tomorrow, I might give them a call.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As you can see you should be able to do much better than $201 for 1 year and $370 for two years.

I've heard the TravelLink is actually components (not sure if it's two or more): Traffic and all other stuff (weather, movies, fuel prices, whatever).

The problem with Sirius (well, one of their problems) is that their people either don't know or don't communicate it if they do. I suspect they'll give me one of the TravelLink components and I'll have to call them back to fight for the rest of it.

They truly have some of the worst Customer "Service" I've ever seen.

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 6mth period was up on Monday, today they turned the service off? Now the 'fun' starts.