SIRIUSLY - When Sirius Radio & Travel Link 6 Months Expire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My satellite radio deactivated itself today. The phone number for Sirius and the ESN was displayed on the screen.

I called Sirius and she tells the subscription that comes with Fords is only for 6 months? I didn't realize that. Every other vehicle I've had came with the first 12 months free. It's strange: I've had my Raptor for 8 1/2 months so it was very confusing.

So I asked her how much and here's what she said:

1 year $142.45 plus tax (only pay for 11 months - 1 month is "free")
2 years $245.00 plus tax
3 years $349.00 plus tax
Lifetime $499.95 plus tax

These rates are only for Sirius radio and do not include Travel Link which apparently is separte and additional.

There are two ESN's one for Sirius and one for Travel Link.

I haven't seen this discussed here yet and I know others have Raptors older than mine.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What I do know is these ****ing morons call me morning noon and night to try and re-up my subscriptions on my two 2010 Fords.

It's a royal pain in the ass to have my cell phone go off all day because of these **** heads.

Yes Dan, the initial free intro is only six months.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Tim but...

1. Does the Raptor use Sirius only or is there an additional service(s) for the traffic and weather?
2. What's the best price to re-up Sirius and the traffic and weather? We need to know this info
3. Any idea why my service went 8.5 months? Is it just their incompetence that let me get this far?

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are 2 ESN's in the Raptor. One for the Radio, one for the Travel Link, and yes there's a fee for each. AFAIK, they do have a grace period then they shut it down. If you have a 2nd vehicle, they do have 2 vehicle discounts.

I had to re-up my Jeep's subscription and they wanted something like $160 for one year. I called them up and said "I want multi vehicle discount". They then said that I could make the Raptor my 'primary' when the free subscription ran out, and have the Jeep as the secondary, but "as I was a good customer" they cut the Jeeps renewal fee in half. When the freebie service runs out, I'll swap things over and have the Jeep as a true secondary vehicle on Sirius.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I paid $180 for 2 years or something like that for the Sirius and Travel Link with multivehicle discount.

That being said...I have had tons of issues with Sirius in the past. Billing my card for service on vehicles I had shut off, shutting off service on other vehicles I didn't want shut off...a little discouraging to say the least. I find it odd that you haven't been contacted 8 million times from the 4th month on both by phone and mail?? In past years Sirius would not contact perspective buyers and it was left up to the owner to call or setup service through the internet.

I got the Travel Link because of the gas stations, movie theater list and the traffic. I use the traffic almost everytime I get in the truck so that alone is worth it to me...a lot easier than pulling google maps up on my phone while I'm driving.

Hope it works out Big Man Dan :)

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RE: 8.5 month question - Sirius probably didn't receive your paperwork/truck info from the dealer the same day they sold you the truck. Probably got to Sirius a month later and as mentioned the extra time is the grace period.

Good info on the dual automobile discount.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Call them and bust their balls a little...I like to remind them that Sirius stock price has been under $1.00 for the better part of 3 years and now that I have experienced their customer service it makes sense ;)

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn I'm glad I signed up for the lifetime deal way back when it was like $200. The ***** did nail me for a "transfer fee" from my old radio to the Raptor though. Can't remember but I think it was in the $75 range?

Good call on quoting the stock price B. That's totally the way to play it :)

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's getting more confusing: My Travel Link (traffic on the maps and the weather info) is still working. Aren't these packaged together? If I re-up on Sirius will I have to re-up separately later for Travel Link?

And can someone tell me where in the documentation it says the free Sirius subscription is only good for 6 months (or any months)? I looked everywhere and can't find it. I didn't see it on the sticker or anywhere else.

Im not happy paying $50 g's for this truck and only getting 6 months of Sirius - siriusly. Plenty of less expensive makes come with 12 months.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't get me started. I let mine run out mostly because of the endless calls and letters I started getting before the free subscription expired. I had heard about special deals but when I asked, all they would say is "all deals are vehicle and customer specific, we can only offer you _____. (A similar deal to what Dan was offered)

Then a few weeks later they called me with three months for $12.95. So I took it. The "automatic" activation did not work. Customer service was a pita to talk to. The automated activation didn't work right. Finally, the next day I got it activated.

Then they screwed up the billing charging me $4 in some kind of "invoice fees". After some more call to customer service I finally got that fixed... I hope.

Dealing with Sirius has not been a good experience for me. Unless I can get some kind of lifetime plan at a good price, I'm canceling for good.