Sirius XM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, :yawn: you'll have to get back to us after 9/15 and confirm that you are still a "happy-camper" :Big Laugh:

MC B2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, :yawn: you'll have to get back to us after 9/15 and confirm that you are still a "happy-camper" :Big Laugh:

Had SiriusXM now for over 3 years... I honestly don't have anything negative to say about my dealings with them.

The only odd thing is they set up a new account and cancelled the old one, rather than just switch things. It may have been that my old receiver was XM and this one is Sirius.

OP
OP
ESRaptor

ESRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had SiriusXM now for over 3 years... I honestly don't have anything negative to say about my dealings with them.

The only odd thing is they set up a new account and cancelled the old one, rather than just switch things. It may have been that my old receiver was XM and this one is Sirius.

Which brings up another point - my wife has XM in her Honda. When I tried to combine her account and mine on the Shelby, they said they couldn't because "they are not the same" which means two full price accounts. That doesn't make sense.

Got a response from SiriusXM. They requested more information like ESN, date of purchase, make, model, etc. All the information they already have as evidenced by the welcome letter which contained most of what they asked for and I provided the rest in my initial email. This is so bad.....

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Something I might regret...

Fyermanbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When they called me for a renewal they started out at 79.99 I just kept telling the guy that I would wait for the 25.99 special and he told me that was no longer available. I told him thats what they always say and that they always end up giving it to me so after he made several more reduced price offers and my refusals he finally "found" my price. Never pay with a credit card always have them send a bill otherwise they will automatically renew you at what ever their regular price is.

fletch74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When they called me for a renewal they started out at 79.99 I just kept telling the guy that I would wait for the 25.99 special and he told me that was no longer available. I told him thats what they always say and that they always end up giving it to me so after he made several more reduced price offers and my refusals he finally "found" my price. Never pay with a credit card always have them send a bill otherwise they will automatically renew you at what ever their regular price is.

Exactly, I paid the 25.99 for 6 months with my credit card and told them to do that for this time only and then invoice me. They just charged my credit card 97.81 and received no invoice, so after talking to customer service 3 times I just notified my card company and canceled that card.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sirius has way too many Rap stations!

no kidding! and then i only found 2 stations i liked, a hard rock and a classic rock. the classic rock was pretty decent with a nice rotation. the hard rock seemed to play the same 10 songs all ******* day long.......

i did like travel link tho.... i wish i could just get that and not have to get their ****** radio stations. and of the handful of people i know personally who have/had siriusxm, had nothing but huge headaches with billing and horrible customer service. so i just load all my cd's onto the internal hard drive and i have a 32gb thumb drive i have some music on aswell.

OP
OP
ESRaptor

ESRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why am I not surprised others have had problems too? As I have told my story to people, I get similar responses. Guess I'll hear from them again tomorrow...

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score

:birgits_tiredcoffeeYup, that is because XM is a different radio platform than Sirius.

But, as I remember . . if you still have the XM platform and also the Sirius,
Then you are eligible for a discount and they will cross-link both accounts.
That is what they advertise in the small print "in the weeds - so to speak"

I have 3 lifetime subscriptions on two XM platforms & one Sirius.
It was tedious :Frustrated: to try to connect to the right department and finally get what I wanted.
I got ******:wtf:around for awhile. :mad3:
Most of the time you are connected to sales & they really cannot change your account.
A guy in the accounts department finally gave me what I wanted. :happy160: