Single Turn Down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sandbox

Reaction score
Just installed the MBRP single turn down exhaust (Part #: S5242AL)

I love the sound. it makes the raptor sound like it should have done from the start.

On the installation there was only one problem: the 3/8" X 3" Hex bolts (item 6 on the installation sheet) were short. It was possible to fit it but it would have been so much easier if they had made the bolts 1/4" or 1/2" longer.

All in all 9/10. Would recommend to any Raptor owners that don't want to spend $1000 on stainless works.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are those the bolts that attach the ball flange to the factory exhaust? If so, mine were barely long enough to get the threads started too, but they did work.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got pretty decent thread engagement on my bolts. As long as you were able to get them on well enough to fully seat the lock washer than I wouldn't worry. I also rechecked tightness after driving around for a bit and letting the exhaust cool back down so it could go through a cycle of thermal expansion/contraction. Haven't seen any issues thus far. I have the MBRP turndown with resonator. I love it. It also provides some additional clearance and weight savings underneath the truck which is nice when rolling around on a creeper.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I recall, I had to start the threads without the lock washers and tighten things down a bit to seat the male and female ball flange pieces together a little and then back them off to install the lock washers. It's probably just a slight variation in the MBRP ball shape or maybe even the OE shape; either way, a little tight is better than a sloppy fit. Very happy with this exhaust... especially for the price.