GEN 2 Show me your satin or matte Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jurasick

Jurasick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matte/Satin wrapped Magnetic

4ab13cf2caae7db211fa79a89cb23221.jpg
10172de0367af5c6b6fcc22e4b5975c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the same color I have and thought about doing matte over it. I really like the look. Just feel like i should change the color and do something a little more fun. Good looking truck though.

CDN_Raptor

Reaction score
This is the same color I have and thought about doing matte over it. I really like the look. Just feel like i should change the color and do something a little more fun. Good looking truck though.

Thanks.

Keep in mind that most "colour changes" use vinyl and not PPF. Vinyl will provide only a minimal amount of protection if that's what you're looking for.

OP
OP
Jurasick

Jurasick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Keep in mind that most "colour changes" use vinyl and not PPF. Vinyl will provide only a minimal amount of protection if that's what you're looking for.
Yeah I’m aware of the differences. I have ppf on the front end of the truck now. The difference in ppf vs vinyl cost wise by me is $2200. Ppf being the higher. I’m ok with the minimal protection as I can easily repaint if I ever needed to.

Venerous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’m aware of the differences. I have ppf on the front end of the truck now. The difference in ppf vs vinyl cost wise by me is $2200. Ppf being the higher. I’m ok with the minimal protection as I can easily repaint if I ever needed to.

Went back and forth about this as well... I was thinking a matte Typhon Kryptek vinyl wrap but decided on the XPel Stealth PPF instead. I figured, 10 year warranty and added protection beats reduced cost and protection and roughly 2 year lifespan. Vinyl cheaper initially but PPF over the long term. Whatever you decide to go with, make sure to post some pics and show it off!

Bulldog82

Reaction score
Ok, seen these wraps in SoCAL, and live in GA. How much does the PPF typically go for? My SCrew is White. I saw an Olive green wrap on a white. Thoughts?