GEN 2 Should order the front axle with TORSEN® Differential $500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your comment doesn't make any sense, but thanks for sharing.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

What other selectable driving modes stay active through a restart?

It's quite simple really

You don't like the way 4A drives
You insist on driving in 4A (even in conditions that don't call for it and would be better served in 2H)
Why the insistence?
Because you can... Even though you don't like it.

You're either masochistic
-(in general use) enjoying an activity that appears to be painful or tedious.

Or retarded - For the record, I don't think you're retarded.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's quite simple really

You don't like the way 4A drives
You insist on driving in 4A (even in conditions that don't call for it and would be better served in 2H)
Why the insistence?
Because you can... Even though you don't like it.

You're either masochistic
-(in general use) enjoying an activity that appears to be painful or tedious.

Or retarded - For the record, I don't think you're retarded.

I will repeat myself since your reading comprehension is shit, I never use 4A because the torque steer from the Torsen annoys the shit out of me. This thread is about the Torsen diff and a clear downside of the Torsen diff is it jacks up an otherwise top-shelf AWD system.

If you still don't understand what I am saying, I suggest you find a 3rd grader to explain it to you.

OP
OP

64-bit

Reaction score
This forum and topic has been nothing short than VERY informative, thank you so much to all of you Raptor fans!

bumwhine

Reaction score
Maybe if I incorrectly throw in the word yaw and claim that it's just physics even though I don't actually understand the way a helical differential works I'll 'win' this argument of preference. Dumb shit.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay keyboard warrior, please explain why Raptors without the Torsen drive like any other mass-produced AWD vehicle, while Torsen equipped Raptors have a pronounced centering feel in 4A. If you cannot explain the science behind your assertions, then you're the ********.

bumwhine

Reaction score
Because your referenced mass-produced AWD vehicles also have open front differentials, which suck. There isn't a centering feel, you literally point and it goes, it doesn't fight you with understeer the way a locked differential does, it also doesn't torque steer haphazardly the way an open differential does.

Look man, I'm stoked for you that you think open differentials are amazing for performance, and that LSDs and helical differentials are ******. The entire world disagrees with you. I'm sure there's a willing buyer for your front Torsen differential and you can take their open one and quit crying about the so-called difficult steering.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because your referenced mass-produced AWD vehicles also have open front differentials, which suck. There isn't a centering feel, you literally point and it goes, it doesn't fight you with understeer the way a locked differential does, it also doesn't torque steer haphazardly the way an open differential does.

Look man, I'm stoked for you that you think open differentials are amazing for performance, and that LSDs and helical differentials are ******. The entire world disagrees with you. I'm sure there's a willing buyer for your front Torsen differential and you can take their open one and quit crying about the so-called difficult steering.

You claim "the entire world disagrees with (me)", do you happen to have AWD sales numbers that compare the difference in number of open diffs sold vs LSDs? Just curious where you get this "entire world" claim.

Also, do you happen to know what front diffs BMW, AUDI, Lamborghini, Bugatti and all the other elite manufactures use in their AWD systems? What kind of front diffs do top shelf off-road vehicles like Jeeps and G-wagons use? How about the guys who build custom off-road rigs, do they use LSDs in their designs?

I'm only asking since you claim everyone knows LSDs are superior.