GEN 2 Should order the front axle with TORSEN® Differential $500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was surprised as well at the torque steer with the torsen when in 4A on pavement. It isn't objectionable but definitely is noticeable. The few times I've had the truck offroad in the dunes I haven't noticed it at all though, so I'm not concerned in the least.

Also worth mentioning, I've also spent a few weeks driving a 2013 GT500, also equipped with a torsen. In that car you could feel the rear wiggling somewhat from side to side as the torsen was moving the torque around from side to side. I haven't experienced that in any RWD car with a conventional limited slip.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was surprised as well at the torque steer with the torsen when in 4A on pavement. It isn't objectionable but definitely is noticeable. The few times I've had the truck offroad in the dunes I haven't noticed it at all though, so I'm not concerned in the least.

Also worth mentioning, I've also spent a few weeks driving a 2013 GT500, also equipped with a torsen. In that car you could feel the rear wiggling somewhat from side to side as the torsen was moving the torque around from side to side. I haven't experienced that in any RWD car with a conventional limited slip.

Much of what you felt in the GT500 is also attributed to the IRS.

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 13/14 GT500 is a parallel 3 link solid axle with a panhard bar, last of the solid axle high HP Mustangs. The 2015-up Mustangs got the IRS, and agree the feeling is more normal in those.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 GT500 has a solid rear axle. They didn’t put IRS in the mustang until 2015. The Torsten is definitely way different feeling then a limited slip rear end.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, sorry to derail, my apologies to this thread, I assumed it was an IRS. The Quaiffe I have (but in an IRS) feels exactly the same way, moving torque from one side to the other.. Disconcerting, but much better than stock in high HP applications.

take care,
John

Last edited: