Should I do it? Ram vs Raptor...deal inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blockaderunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Rapt-up.
You need at least 50k for the Ram. Ford gave me 35K on my 2015 4X4 F-150 Sport that had 8500 miles.
Zero % is huge. When I bought my 18 a year ago they wouldn't even touch that and they said I had "Rock Star" credit.
Most of all I'll agree with the other guys above me, what kind of use are you going to use it for? The Raptor's not a mud bogger.
Have you checked U-tube for comparisons? Always do your reviews. Whatever your choice is good luck.

JPete

Reaction score
Gotta ask... who is 0% for 84 with? Ford credit? Is this new or just around where you’re at?

deadlysilent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t even worry about the high beam issue. I get high beamed by other passing drivers and I’m driving a 2010 SCAB with factory HID’s. You can’t make everyone happy, it’s a physical impossibility.

Get yourself a good deal and drive and sleep with a smile on your face. 0% is a good deal. Upgrade and join the FoMoCo family.

hekster1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take the dive, get the Raptor!!! I had the Ram Longhorn Laramie for 5 years. Did my own oil change every 4-5 miles. The truck ran great, no beef about that. The only problem was rust. Noticed the rust while changing the oil plus I found a hairline fracture in the bed, that got me looking for a Raptor, which I always wanted and dreamed about. Pulled the trigger and I’m a very happy owner of a 2018 screw. To me there was no hesitation. Love the Raptor and I’m blessed to own one. Good luck, hope this gets you thinking and helps you make a decision. Looks like you’re getting a nice deal on the 0 percentage. Get the dealer to give you more for the Ram and do it...

TheRegMan

Reaction score
The dealer here doesnt do any Ford Performance vehicle test drives and they dont offer extended financing on them either. At least you got to test drive yours. Ditch the dodge.

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great true advice. Sell ram fast as you can.
Any excuse to drive my raptor is good enough for me. Handled and performed perfectly thru the great smokie mountains. No room for error on these roads.
RAPTOR— a desert runner/racer(see Baja class winner raptor) basically stock)great all around truck
THAT ALSO THINKS ITS A SPORT CAR. Nothing like it have owned many trucks this is king no comparison.
7 months 7k mi. Perfectly perfect. Go get one and never look back many smiles ahead

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, looking for some opinions on the below deal. As of right now, I turned it down.

I have a paid for 2019 Ram Laramie with lift kit, after market wheel package, etc. Truck has 3K miles on it. I have been looking at 18 and 19 Raptors. I worked the below deal with local Ford dealership.

$44K for my Ram
$64,900 for 19 Raptor (MSRP $70,080) I believe it was $500 over invoice
- Ruby Red
- 802a
- Carbon package
- Forged Aluminum Wheels
- Tint
- Spray-in liner

I took the truck to Denver (70 miles each way, extended test drive) and kept over night. End up taking the Raptor back the next morning and couldn't pull the trigger. The salesman has since called me and offered 0% for 84 months along with a cooler and 2 Raptor hats lol!

I couldn't stomach the trade in price of the Ram. Worked hard to own it outright and would take a huge hit just to take another on a 19 Raptor. The lift package from the dealer was $10K and for trade in I'm getting about $3K added on.

Am I crazy to pass this deal up? Interested to hear other point of views! Thanks for your time.
Buy the raptor, it’s a factory engineered vehicle