Should I do it? Ram vs Raptor...deal inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

weaponized

Reaction score
Dont care if it's a Raptor, Power Wagon, etc, they are all rapidly depreciating assets intended to separate you from as much of your money as possible. When a vehicle is paid for, the best thing ( financially) to do is drive it til the wheels fall off. The latest and greatest only remains so for a year or two until the next greatest thing comes along.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dont care if it's a Raptor, Power Wagon, etc, they are all rapidly depreciating assets intended to separate you from as much of your money as possible. When a vehicle is paid for, the best thing ( financially) to do is drive it til the wheels fall off. The latest and greatest only remains so for a year or two until the next greatest thing comes along.

That's just not true. The best thing to do financially was to trade in the Ram for a slightly used vehicle at a lower cost than trade in that has better fuel economy, lower maintenance costs, insurance, etc. But obviously, the decision's not entirely about getting the lowest cost of transportation.

weaponized

Reaction score
That's just not true. The best thing to do financially was to trade in the Ram for a slightly used vehicle at a lower cost than trade in that has better fuel economy, lower maintenance costs, insurance, etc. But obviously, the decision's not entirely about getting the lowest cost of transportation.

My comment was in the context of his listed choices... he went with a more expensive vehicle. Sure...trading it in for a 2WD Toyota with a 4 banger, or a bicycle may be better financially but that's not what he's talking about.