Should I buy an extended warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I switched from Toyota/Lexus over to Ford, so I definitely get your concern. I did buy extended warranty for peace of mind. Definitely search online for the best deals, since your local dealer may rip you off. I bought mine from Flood Ford.

Same here. I got mine with a lifetime powertrain warranty with $100 deductible.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much more does the price go up as you approach the factory bumper to bumper? 3/36 or the powertrain. What it 5 year 60k Miles ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I looked, the difference was $100. if you got it before your 3/36 ended vs 12k/1 year.

Do they ever increase the price? If so, another advantage of getting it now is to lock in the current price.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, like everything else, prices increase over time.
I'll get mine before the 3/36 runs out if I still have the truck and have long term plans to keep it.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to https://www.floodfordesp.com and plug the numbers in yourself. Report back what you find.

Man those plans are expensive as hell.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Do they ever increase the price? If so, another advantage of getting it now is to lock in the current price.

Might want to see if Assurant Solutions will do it direct for less.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,

My 2 cents. Owned probably 10 cars in my life. Got extended warranty 1 time, and never again. They sell them because they make money on them. Otherwise they wouldn't do it. Big waste of money for 98% of the drivers out there. That's what they count on. If you cannot afford to fix the truck, maybe get one, otherwise don't do it. The odds are way in the houses(dealer) favor. 10 cars owned, never had a car with any major issue until 75k or more in miles. They make cars a lot better today.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys,

My 2 cents. Owned probably 10 cars in my life. Got extended warranty 1 time, and never again. They sell them because they make money on them. Otherwise they wouldn't do it. Big waste of money for 98% of the drivers out there. That's what they count on. If you cannot afford to fix the truck, maybe get one, otherwise don't do it. The odds are way in the houses(dealer) favor. 10 cars owned, never had a car with any major issue until 75k or more in miles. They make cars a lot better today.

No one buys them to save money, it's piece of mind when the trans pukes or a rod gets thrown at 61k miles you don't have to write out a check that would be better spent on some Caribbean island for two weeks of drinking.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys,

Would you get it if you drove the car to 125k miles ? Cuz I would do that in 5 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk