Should I buy an extended warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think so. Having used one in the past, the warranty companies exclude much of the electronic stuff that has a tendency to break. But listen my experience was years ago. Maybe they are better now. To each their own. Just track it to see if you get your money out of it. They exist because dealers make money on them. You can absolutely count on that. Otherwise they would not sell them.

Crashthings

Reaction score
I'm more worried about the warranty getting denied when I add a relocated intercooler. Has anyone had a problem with that? I don't plan on change anything else to the engine.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The backend will really hop a lot if you add a lot more power. Really bad. Replaced rear leaf springs with deavers and it is totally gone. Great solution. crashthings, as far as altering stuff, it really depends on your relationship with your dealer. Some are super picky and are ********, others know these trucks are made to mod.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called Flood Ford to ask about the ESP and totally unimpressed by the service, if you can even call it that. "Go to website, read exclusions" was about what the gentleman said, and was curt/borderline rude. Just sharing as general feedback for folks considering them in future.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called Flood Ford to ask about the ESP and totally unimpressed by the service, if you can even call it that. "Go to website, read exclusions" was about what the gentleman said, and was curt/borderline rude. Just sharing as general feedback for folks considering them in future.

Yikes! Since it’s an actual Ford warranty contract, I’d still go with the cheapest place that sells it.

Manufacturer warranties are usually inclusive—meaning they cover everything except what’s excluded. Third party warranties are the opposite and only cover items listed in the contract—everything else is excluded. I don’t know if that helps.

MotoXKing

Reaction score
Even the extended warrantee can get voided for off roading. (so I've been told)
Be the warrantee.. There is help here.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Buy it, be smart about how you use it, and sleep well knowing you have it.
I opted for 6year 125K which is about as long as I plan to keep it. I got my dealer to match the Flood Ford pricing.

IHAVETWO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IM A TRUCK MECHANIC.BOUGHT EXTENDED WHEN I BOUGHT TRUCK.TOO MUCK CRAP TO GO WRONG WITH ALL NEW VEHICLES.