Should I buy an extended warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorTurboS

Reaction score
Picking up my Lead Foot this week and contemplating if I should get the offered “extended Ford warranty” which will give me 6 years/100,000 miles bumper to bumper. There is a $100 deductible.

I haven’t always been a fan of extended warranties, but this is my first Ford and first truck so I don’t know much about expected reliability. I hope to keep the truck 5+ years.

Thanks for any input/opinions.

TxRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I switched from Toyota/Lexus over to Ford, so I definitely get your concern. I did buy extended warranty for peace of mind. Definitely search online for the best deals, since your local dealer may rip you off. I bought mine from Flood Ford.

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m trying to decide the same thing. I would like to keep it 6 years (unless there is a V8) or so even though my pattern has been 3-4 years. We’ve had a variety of vehicles in our household, but recently it’s been Lexus and now this is my first Ford.

Seeing the issues guys are having on this forum doesn’t generate a lot of confidence. It’s making me wonder if I should go against my “don’t buy warranties on anything” policy. I need to look into what they cover. Not sure if they cover things like plastic oil pan leaks and transmission leaks which seem pretty common. Also need to look into the included power train warranty which is 6 years.

None of this was a concern before when we are replacing vehicles at 3-4 years but the Raptor is harder to find/order and make deals on.

Last edited:

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will pull the trigger before my 3/36 is over. It was a niminal savings to do it now versus waiting. Lots can happen in 3/36 to spend 2k that you will never get back when some idiot t-bones you....

Daxton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, recommend to get it but double check your mileage expectation. I went 6 years 120k mileage $200 deductible. For peace of mind and cost was better value per mile. If I have to pay $200 after 3/36 then so be it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely buying it when I get my 2019. I called them to check if it would cover the moonroof and it does which gives me peace of mind since I'm getting the moonroof.

Daxton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will pull the trigger before my 3/36 is over. It was a niminal savings to do it now versus waiting. Lots can happen in 3/36 to spend 2k that you will never get back when some idiot t-bones you....

True but most esp’s I have seen resort back to your purchase date and mileage on odo at purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk