Should I buy an extended warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like Ford can’t make its mind and keep changing the manual. There’s a whole thread about it here:

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/engine-oil-requirement-in-raptor-supplement.71309/

I’ve read that thread before. If Ford is recommending synthetic blend oil at the almost 10K intervals set by the computer, the engineers have determined that that level of service is sufficient for the specified service life of the vehicle. I believe that full synthetic is superior, but synthetic blend at 5K intervals should be more than fine for the life of the engine and possibly better for it than 10K full synthetic changes. Getting the junk from the direct injected engine out of the oil more frequently seems like a good idea.

I did find in the premium maintenance fine print where if you buy the 5K intervals then all other services will be done on the “severe duty” schedule. I’m thinking about spark plug and coolant intervals, as well as more frequent air and cabin filter changes. The full synthetic option is +$625 over the $2275 5K blend plan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter