Engine Oil Requirement in Raptor Supplement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason Snokhous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t plan on staring a conventional vs synthetic debate but there is misinformation out there on what type of oil that the new Raptors need. I went back and forth on running the motorcraft synthetic blend or a full synthetic. My dealer told me synthetic blend. The standard F-150 that the manual comes with says synthetic blend. But the Raptor supplement clearly says run fully synthetic, like the pic I attached shows. So if any of you have been wondering which way to go here’s your answer.

image.jpg

Refugio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya
However, there are 3 Raptor supplements I’ve seen
9/27/2018
4/1/2019
7/16/2019
These can all be viewed from the Ford Pass App.

Goes from Synthetic Blend to Full Synthetic and then back to Synthetic Blend.
The last supliment also shows a different Spark Plug and a different gap(.028-.031)

Im confused with the oil myself. I would assume to use the Full Synthetic Oil since it’s a high performance engine.
Maybe the last supplement has a typo about going back to Synthetic Blend

I don’t know

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mobil 1 full synthetic on every car I have owned since 1992, never any engine or oil related issues. 16 cars and 940,*** miles tell me my oil of choice is not a problem.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe in a Mobil 1 as well. Ran it through many vehicles and never had any engine problems. I also used more expensive Amsoil and Royal Purple. Good products, but didn’t believe they were doing any more protection than the Mobil 1 was. I do use Valvoline VR1 racing in my street strip car, but again that’s for extreme circumstances I think. To my knowledge a synthetic blend only needs to be 5% synthetic to earn that label. That’s pretty poor to me.

Is everyone adhering to the recommended oil weight that Ford says to use? It would be 5W-30 down here for me.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 6.2L has oil squirters so using a heavier weight might not be a good idea.
I'm sure some have used a heavier weight, but who knows the long term affect.