Should I buy an extended warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much more is extended warranty when your power train is about to expire? Say I want the full warranty for everything including bumper to bumper right before 60,000 mile power train ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MotoXKing

Reaction score
I still get extended warrantee letters in the mail for my 14 Raptor @ 32,000 miles.
Put $20 a week in the bank. don't give the snakes your money.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much more is extended warranty when your power train is about to expire? Say I want the full warranty for everything including bumper to bumper right before 60,000 mile power train ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm at 33k miles in 16 months from in service date, so my factory warranty is about to run out due to miles. The zero deductible premium care (highest coverage available) is $1745 if I wanted 7 year 100k, or $1645 if I wanted 6 year 100k. All years and miles are from first in service date.

Ford's ESP is slightly more than Chevy's. I renewed my Vette's with Chevy last year and it was only $1350 for a 4 year extension. But $1745 is still not bad compared to some European brands I have shopped extended warranties for (AMG quoted me $5k per year lol)

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually decline the extended warranty at time of purchase, and base the need/desire for one when I'm a few months from the 3/36 expiring. Rule of thumb is usually based on if there have been any problems so far or not.

Although I put a lot of weight in the opinion that these vehicles are sooo complicated nowadays, and the Raptor's not only not an exception but a prime example. I think that makes me more likely to extend when I'm at the 33-month mark. I always run outta time before hitting the miles.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Extended warranties more often than not can be cancelled and a pro-rated refund will be issued by manufacturer when you cancel. Chevy and Ford both allow you to cancel. Makes the whole "I switch cars often, am I buying the warranty for the next owner" line of thinking a non-factor. Trade in the car, cancel the warranty and get some of your money back.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I pulled the trigger today and went with premium care 6/100. In case anyone comes upon this thread in future, I went with Zeigler Ford. I called them and they beat Flood Ford's price and were much nicer and friendlier. Name of the person I spoke with at Flood was "Gardiner" and he certainly did not earn my business - was a total jerk. Gentleman I spoke with at Zeigler is "Brian" and was easy to work with.

PB65stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much did they beat Flood by? I've only ever heard of Flood in terms of great prices on extended warranties. Thanks.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I usually never purchase extended warranties but decided for peace of mind and because I'll be retired on a fixed income in 4 years I decided to get one for my 2019 Raptor.

I purchased it from Flood Ford:

Premium care 125,000 miles or 8 years with $50.00 deductible with first day and extended rental vehicle.

Price was $2,540.00 which actually went down a little from previous month if I remember correctly.

I do a lot of my own repairs and mods and didn't have or need an extended warranty on neither my 2000 or 2014 Ford F150.

I'll more than likely not need it this time either but since I'll only have approximately 50,*** in 4 years, I'll be able to drive it whenever I choose to and not have to worry about putting a lot of miles on it when retired.