Seriously!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I'm overseas and my Dad is looking after my Raptor.

I ordered some new wheels/tires and asked him to get an estimate from the dealer on doing the perch mod and mounting the new shoes. The person that took the call had no idea and would check and call back.

Dealer just called back and said "Raptor shocks are not adjustable." :jaw drop:

Needless to say, theres one Dealer in Northwest Arkansas that will never touch my Raptor...period.

Anyone in the NW Arkansas area have any recommendations of knowledgable shops?

Thanks,
Brace

Get the local Raptor guy's here in DFW , MAXX, to get you the number for the place they use here. Its only a tank of gas down and back from NW Arkansas. Just jump on 69 /75 south and drive! It would be worth the drive to have it done right.

I have riden bikes a few times a year in Arkansas for the last 12 years. I have SEEN some of the trucks on the road there. Drive down for the work! HAhahaaaaaaaa.

I love the roads you have up there. GREAT bike roads.

BDRAG

JRASIK_Cdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$419 is kind of high. I had an actual suspension shop do it because they worked on local pre-runners and sand rails so the owner was familiar with Fox, King Shocks, etc. It came to $300. My local Ford dealership quoted me $400-$500 too, but at least they admitted it was because they hadn't done it yet so didn't know how long it would take.

I'd say if you don't know of a suspension place print out and talk to the Ford service manager and let them know that you're not going to pay more because it's their first time learning how to do it.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
Dealers are always more money. They followed book time they should come close but some places do it cheaper to earn someone as customer. As for letting dealer learn by doing it is the same as someone getting there first raptor and doing it yourself. Dealers seem to have pretty bad reputation it seems. A lot of them try and get cheap labor by hiring inexperienced employees. Jobs like this tend to go to the bottom of the pole. Service advisors and managers veiw this as self explained no brainer job any Jor Blow can do. They dont really think someone who spent so much on vehicle would notice any diffence between if person A or B performed the job. They see that person A gets paid less so dealer gets more money for job where as person B gets paid more money and your job and vehicle would get done right and by someone who cares. Its a backwards way of thinking even more when they think its an easy fix if person A messes up, they dont understand they may have lost customer just by trying to make couple extra dollars.

gcmj45acp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm overseas and my Dad is looking after my Raptor.

I ordered some new wheels/tires and asked him to get an estimate from the dealer on doing the perch mod and mounting the new shoes. The person that took the call had no idea and would check and call back.

Dealer just called back and said "Raptor shocks are not adjustable." :jaw drop:

Needless to say, theres one Dealer in Northwest Arkansas that will never touch my Raptor...period.

Anyone in the NW Arkansas area have any recommendations of knowledgable shops?

Thanks,
Brace

Thanks for your service, dude...Got family and friends over there too, hope all you guys make it home with no more holes than you started with. On the dealer saying the shocks weren't adjustable, that's not a surprise to me. We've got a dealer in Houston where the guy on the phone told me he'd never even heard of the Raptor back when I was trying to get my drive shaft swapped to resolve the clunk last year.