Seems like a good deal? - Used 2019 8500 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I put a **** ton down and got to around $500 over 5......just can't justify a house payment as a car payment

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a **** ton down and got to around $500 over 5......just can't justify a house payment as a car payment
That’s pretty good, I assume that’s 50k down. People that have $1000 payments will end up paying about $8000 in interest alone over 5 years.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems like a good price, ask the dealership to run you a carfax, it will show prior ownership/issues.

If it's a Ford dealer, get them to run an Oasis report on it. That'll show it's history from Ford's standpoint- IE whether it's had any work done, if it was a buyback, etc. If it's not a Ford dealer, you are risking it if you only go by Carfax.

I got my 2013 used from a non-Ford dealer, but they were a huge multi-brand dealer that did have a Ford dealership, so they were still able to get it for me.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Car payments suck..!! One school of thought I learned years ago if you have the willpower to suffer a few years without...PAY YOURSELF...put that $1000 payment in Money Market for 3 years...gonna be pushing $40K at end...plus your original down payment of say $10K...and bingo...you now have $50K+ in cash to go on your shopping trip...yeah,you suffered and cried for 3 years without a Raptor....but no payments... "Priceless" ....

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
using a private bank, I got 1.4% loan........will pay the thing of in 2 ish years.....

Had the Audi paid off, which is how i was able to have such a large down payment. "plan" on keeping the truck 7 years or so....so there should be several years on no payments

doba_s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought 6500 off msrp, on brand new, was do-able these days?

If you're financing, I believe new cars get better interest rates than used, so it might be a wash if you're looking at payments vs. new. Looks to me like you're saving about $2800 going used, if you're just gonna stroke a check.

I would try and find a new one. In 6 months you will have forgotten about that $2800.

Lot's of these deals are miss advertised ... You call that dealer and they say you need to have a trade in, you need to finance with ford, you need to be a member of some organization, military, etc ... So combined discounts can add up to 6500-7k but it's impossible to hit them all..

I spent a week tasing to different dealers and it is a big waste of time ...

I ended up picking up 2019 with 74.5k MSRP and 4k miles for $61.5k instead of chasing these new car deals ...

doba_s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
using a private bank, I got 1.4% loan........will pay the thing of in 2 ish years.....

Had the Audi paid off, which is how i was able to have such a large down payment. "plan" on keeping the truck 7 years or so....so there should be several years on no payments

Which bank is that ? I cut a check for my truck but would be nice to know who is offering 1.4% these days

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also to consider, I heard you couldn't get extended warranty on used raptor. That could be wrong. But if you want one might have to go new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter