Security System.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Blackvue is interesting...if it had more than 30fps it might compete with GoPro as an off road solution. I also like the idea of using my iPhone to see what is going on while I am inside. The only issue I can think of is the fact that it is only looking out and doesn't capture the cab.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I missed that point.....

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

I was assuming it was similar in size to the Replay 1080....

OP
OP
GitErDunn

GitErDunn

2010 6.2L SCAB
Reaction score
I was visioning last night of mounting a camera hidden in the headliner and poked through at the back... Possibly would still get the range of the cab but not sure about outside the cab, my main concern is some ********** ******** with my bumper and stealing the lights (lots have been stolen off vehicles in my area)... I don't want the camera noticeable on the dash/mirror etc, plus 9/10 if someone is ******** with your vehicle they will come in view with the cab to see whats inside, if they see a camera they may bust in and take that, so a camera hidden somewhere but still has range inside/out would be alright.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ironman, you are correct sir...the BlackVue unit is 4.6" x 1.4".

Still trying to determine the best way to secure the SCREW cab using the 156 degree lens. Can you refresh my memory on your solution?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Ironman, you are correct sir...the BlackVue unit is 4.6" x 1.4".

Still trying to determine the best way to secure the SCREW cab using the 156 degree lens. Can you refresh my memory on your solution?

Sorry not understanding what your asking?
Are you talking about my security camera and which one I used?

IRONMAN

Reaction score

I use this one, been great for 3 years so far and no issues.
You can find it here
New Dual Camera Car Cam with GPS Blackbox Black Box | eBay

134d1279929333-raptor-security-camera-camera.jpg

The link I provided in my original thread now shows up this camera and it seems like a nice one as well.

Dual Car Night Vision DVR Camera Wth Audio & GPS Tracker