Security System.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. It definitely captures the entire cab....would you happen to know what the lens angle is for this unit (I didn't see it listed in the documentation)?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Thanks. It definitely captures the entire cab....would you happen to know what the lens angle is for this unit (I didn't see it listed in the documentation)?

I would say 120 degrees, its not very wide but it pics up everything inside the cab and majority in front. If you could find a wider lens I would hit that up.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score

You should consider the Vico Vation TF2+ Premium, which features a 160 degree wide angle lens. It is one of the best performing dash cameras on the market that boasts some nice added features. It is big and bulky also pricey but if you are in the market for one that I the one I would get

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Better yet if you can wait a little bit, I just checked the VicoVation website and they are releasing a new model the WF1 that has wifi so you can connect it with your smartphone like a gopro

IRONMAN

Reaction score
You should consider the Vico Vation TF2+ Premium, which features a 160 degree wide angle lens. It is one of the best performing dash cameras on the market that boasts some nice added features. It is big and bulky also pricey but if you are in the market for one that I the one I would get

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Better yet if you can wait a little bit, I just checked the VicoVation website and they are releasing a new model the WF1 that has wifi so you can connect it with your smartphone like a gopro

Looks very cool just wish it had the internal camera as well.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Artofspeedracing.ca--unboxing Vicovation WF1 Wifi Dashcam - YouTube

The WF1 will be better than the TF2+ premium in its already industry leading picture quality. One of my main concerns was low light picture quality. In my research, I found that Vico brand dashcameras were always at the top of the list in that aspect.

I may sound like a sales rep at this point, but you can tell this is how bad I want one of these cameras...

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am just throwing this out there for anyone interested, I know nothing about it but came across it so some might want to pick this up...

Check it out ..............

Hi everyone. I'm not 100% sure if this is allowed but the rules didn't say anything against it so here goes:

Massdrop.com is having a group buy on the Blackvue DR500GW-HD dash camera. This is a pretty awesome unit and I've been wanting to buy one for a while, but it's kind of expensive ($379 Canadian MSRP). The group buy lets you get it for $284 plus shipping, and if enough people buy it will drop as low as $234.

Unfortunately only two people have committed to purchase and the buy will fall through unless ten people pick them up... so here I am selfishly promoting the buy so I can get one

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Humvee, that is an interesting solution. Do they have the specs out at this time?

Ironman, regarding the internal camera requirement, wondering if you could somehow mount it so that it pivots 180 degrees. So if your primary requirement is security, you leave it facing inside to cover the cab. When you want to get some great off-road videos, you pivot it around. The only draw back would be that the video of your wonderful wife's face wouldn't be synced with the video of you jumping the hill.... :)

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Humvee, that is an interesting solution. Do they have the specs out at this time?

Ironman, regarding the internal camera requirement, wondering if you could somehow mount it so that it pivots 180 degrees. So if your primary requirement is security, you leave it facing inside to cover the cab. When you want to get some great off-road videos, you pivot it around. The only draw back would be that the video of your wonderful wife's face wouldn't be synced with the video of you jumping the hill.... :)

My favorite part about the dual camera as opposed to a 180 degree turn camera is when I take the truck in for service I can see exactly what they are doing outside and inside at the same time.
If someone does break into the vehicle most of the time they are too busy looking in your glove box then to notice a camera that's tucked behind the rear view mirror outside camera might catch them walking up to your truck and if it doesn't hopefully the inside one does.