GEN 2 Scuffs in bumper and fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorman19

Reaction score
I searched the forum but wasn't able to find what I was looking for. Maybe because it's not a good idea and that's the way I am leaning...but can the flat oem bumpers and flares be buffed at all to get out minor hairline scratches? The dealer scratched them by running the new truck through their auto carwash.

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
If your talking about the plastic pieces on ur fender flares it may just be best to buy new ones, I've seen take offs for gen 1s going for around 200 bucks not sure about gen 2s though

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can buff them.. BUT it will turn them into more of a satin/ semi-gloss finish. If you go that route you'd have to buff them all.SAM_0711.JPG

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As suggested, try polishing them. Might do an inconspicuous spot first before doing the entire flare.

If it really bugs you, then a repaint might be cheaper. Dealer might pay for it but I doubt it.

Who the hell tries to fire a Raptor through an auto car wash????

Nice rig btw

OP
OP
R

Raptorman19

Reaction score
I asked them not to run it through but they didn't care I guess. They are not horrible but its new so would like it to look that way for awhile.

20181228_152854.jpg

20181228_153617.jpg

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The dealers need to be accountable for damage they cause. Check out what the dealer did to my new truck in the dealer fail thread. They scratched my flares by wiping grime off with a dry rag. It’s unreal!!!!!

OP
OP
R

Raptorman19

Reaction score
You can buff them.. BUT it will turn them into more of a satin/ semi-gloss finish. If you go that route you'd have to buff them all.View attachment 116902

Since you buffed yours do you think they are a little more durable? I might do that on the bumper for sure. One of the flares with the gouges I feel the dealer needs to replace.