Scratch Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dolfanatic1399

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Walked out to my truck a few days ago and my heart just dropped. I noticed an area on the hood just behind the vent on the passenger side that was scratched all to shit. My wife was the last one to drive it, but she has no idea how they got there, imagine that. Damn I was pissed. She suggests that maybe they had been there awhile and I just haddent noticed. ********, this stuck out a sore thumb on my tuxedo black hood. It damn sure didnt happen just sittin there in the driveway. Well after all the cussing and crying I had to do something to fix it. Not being a detail man I searched you tube for some answers. I found several videos on how to remove scratchs. Some talked about using wet sand paper, which totally scared the hell out of me. I could feel the scratchs with my finger nail, but they were not deep enough to catch my nail, if you know what I mean. I decided on a rubbing compound, polishing compound and wax. I dont have any experience with orbital machines and heard horror stories of burning the paint, so I did it the old fashioned way. Well after about 2 hrs of rubbing my arms off, I finally rubbed all of them out with the rubbing compound. I then went over the area with the polishing compound followed by the wax. I was so relieved and amazed at the end result. I never would have imagined in my wildest dreams that I could get them out. Just goes to show that sometimes things arent always as bad as they seem. And remember the wife no's "nothing" about what happened.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

dolfanatic1399

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what a clay bay does that a rubbing or polishing compound will not. Sounds like to me they both clean and take out light scratch's out of the clear coat.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
clay bar removes "pulls" out impurities in the paint. The trucks are transported by rail. Tiny flecks of metal get on your paint and dig down in. They will eventually rust and leave little orange specs everywhere. Its pulls them all out. It also removes tar and water spots easier and much faster than a polish and wax. And you can clay bar your windows to make them look brand new.

Bad company

Reaction score
For scratches that are in the paint itself, google drcolorchip.

Worked great on my metallic silver M3.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bad company, how does that work on deep paint chips? I got a lot of huge ******* from following a Murcielago when he drove on the side of the road that's full of gravel...