Gen 3 Hood Vent Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not the best at write ups but want to add some value for those that like to DIY. I searched (decent effort) to find a how to on removing the ********* hood vent but came up with nothing helpful . Note: I had a previous post asking for tip on removal and got one reply stating there are two nuts that you have to remove. Turns out that reply was not only NOT helpful but actually made it take longer. (additionally, that thread did not show up in my search which is why I'm starting this new one) My goal was to get the Raptor Logos off and fill them with liquid enamel paint (stickers did not work well for me). The raptor logos needed to be flat while the paint cured. Anyway, I'm attaching photos of the hood vent removed so everyone can see the clips, fasteners and location of where the double sided tape is attached. This thing, for me, was quite difficult to remove and I'm an avid DIY'er! Had I had these photos, it would have been much easier. Couple notes: 1) where you see the red 3m tape, is where you will have lots of fun removing the old tape residue from both the cowl and the fiberglass hood. Lot's of tips and tricks on the internet on help with this part. 2) First things is to remove the heat shield under the hood, remove the 4 rubber grommet covers under the hood closest to the wipers, and then carefully remove all 6 nuts. You will want a nice trim removal tool to get the plastics heat shield fasteners off without gouging the part. 3) You will want a long, plastic tool of some sort where you can slide under the double sided tape and slowly pry it up off the hood along the wiper edge, Note: come at it from both sides. The center small piece of double sided tape will be one of the last things to let go. 4) work your way around the hood popping all the white clips. See photos, and then with pry tool try and get to the center of the cowl and pop the tape. NOTE: my entire hood has PPF on it so I had that layer of protection as I went around popping clips. Don't pay attention to what looks like scratches etc., there are none, every blemish you see around that area is just residue that all wiped right off. Hope this help and reinstall took like 10 min! Attached a few close ups for anyone that may want/need part number

Attachments

• IMG_1707.jpeg
    IMG_1707.jpeg
    272 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_1709.jpeg
    IMG_1709.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1710.jpeg
    IMG_1710.jpeg
    219.8 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1719.jpeg
    IMG_1719.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1720.jpeg
    IMG_1720.jpeg
    294 KB · Views: 143

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is great. Probably not gonna ever need to do this but this helps a ton!

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry I didn’t see your original ask. There is a thread on removal of the gen2 hood vent, and it sounds like it’s the same. and it’s actually a series of short videos showing how. It was done for removal and replacement with carbon fiber vent. The thread is here.

too late now I realize. Im not a huge DYI, but with the exception of the double sided tape and in general the positioning of the vent and having to reach, it’s not difficult at all. If I could do it, anyone can.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Nice write-up. Seems a bit over-engineered when you see how it is attached. 6 bolts, 14 clips, and double sided tape. lol