Scan Tools ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mecamano

Reaction score
Hello to all

In order to improve my work on Ford, I want to equip myself with a good diagnostic and key programming tool.
Replacement of pcm.
Changing options.
In the country where I work there is no Ford dealer and even less American Ford.

Do you have any computer or software to advise me?

thank you

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The OEM scan tool is IDS (software) and VCM (hardware). Here’s some info:

The VCM is around $1500 retail.

ForScan can do a lot of the IDS functions but is significantly cheaper. The license is only $12 for a year and includes key programming. You just need a compatible adapter, which is about $50.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The OEM scan tool is IDS (software) and VCM (hardware). Here’s some info:

The VCM is around $1500 retail.

ForScan can do a lot of the IDS functions but is significantly cheaper. The license is only $12 for a year and includes key programming. You just need a compatible adapter, which is about $50.

And, IDS software is $700 a year, and...... unless you are a dealer or licensed locksmith registered on Ford's program, you will not program any keys, nor will you program raptor fobs with ForScan, I have been down this road, I have both systems, and have spoke with Ford, who doesn't care that I represent a Gov't entity, we have to take our vehicles with PATS to the dealer to get keys added.