Scab door rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Oddly enough I think I fixed my issue today. It turned out to be (from what I can tell so far) the lower rear portion of the plastic door panel contacting the door's inner skin. I cut a small lenght of soft rubber tune to make a "U" channel and put that between. Haven't heard the noise all day. We'll see how it does this weekend.

Its not strange that its only one side, mines just on the driver's side.

- Travis

Damn I wish I thought of that. My 2010 did had the same problem except it was more of a squeak which is why this thread didn't jog my memory. Make sure it isn't hitting the plastic kick panel trim too.

OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn I wish I thought of that. My 2010 did had the same problem except it was more of a squeak which is why this thread didn't jog my memory. Make sure it isn't hitting the plastic kick panel trim too.

Don't you think that the cab rattle should not even an issue in such an offroad type truck? Why mess with it when warranty should be completely reliable to fix it

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its still a street vehicle. having been in the audio indusrry for so long i have seen almost every type of vehicle out there. those 300k lambos and ferarris and porsches and bmws, the all have door panels held on by clips and screws. since we offroad our trucks we seem to put more abuse on them, and that will cause this to happen, but remember its not a 100% offroad vehicle unless you designate it to be.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Don't you think that the cab rattle should not even an issue in such an offroad type truck? Why mess with it when warranty should be completely reliable to fix it

I only bring my truck in for warranty work if it is something expensive or something I can't do. Otherwise the less the dealer touches my truck the better. Especially with interior trim. I had my window regulator replaced in my 2010, door panel never fit right again. I had my dash ripped apart to replace a blend door actuator...I swear they broke everything they touched and my dash rattled over every little bump.

OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I only bring my truck in for warranty work if it is something expensive or something I can't do. Otherwise the less the dealer touches my truck the better. Especially with interior trim. I had my window regulator replaced in my 2010, door panel never fit right again. I had my dash ripped apart to replace a blend door actuator...I swear they broke everything they touched and my dash rattled over every little bump.

Ha wish I got this sooner. Took my truck to the dealer yesterday and told them the rattle was coming from the rear passenger door and was internal. So logically the dealership took the liberty of ripping off the front door panel and then concluding that their is no rattle and the problem is fixed. So the rattle continues

2011OxfordSVT

Reaction score
I had a rattle after offroading in my 2011 Scab, after padding everything it still rattle and a buddy of mine does body work and had to re-align my striker to my door latch. When he pulled the striker off the the clamshell door, you could see where it had moved. The striker is held on with 2 T-40 torx bolts about an inch long but the have blue loctite on them,they will be hard coming out the first time. The bolts go into a box with small rollers on them inside the door panel. If you slightly loosen the two bolts, you will be able move the striker up, down and in (toward the body to draw door in closer) with dead blow hammer or out (with slide hammer) to re-align.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Ha wish I got this sooner. Took my truck to the dealer yesterday and told them the rattle was coming from the rear passenger door and was internal. So logically the dealership took the liberty of ripping off the front door panel and then concluding that their is no rattle and the problem is fixed. So the rattle continues

Dude removing the door panels is so easy. Seriously. I have had my front panels off twice now and the second go around they took me 5 minutes each. And I do not have any rattles or fitment issues. if you have some hand tools and a metric socket set just have at it yourself. Not sure why the dealerships struggle with it, just like anything else they don't care because it isn't theirs.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hate to be the bear of bad news but over the long run there will always be rattles coming from and extended cab truck with suicide doors. The fact that the "B" pillar is "detachable"(moves with the door), the cab is susceptible to more flex and twisting. Trucks with fixed "B" pillars (full 4 doors) will always be stronger unless you have money to cage the bitch. ;)

OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hate to be the bear of bad news but over the long run there will always be rattles coming from and extended cab truck with suicide doors. The fact that the "B" pillar is "detachable"(moves with the door), the cab is susceptible to more flex and twisting. Trucks with fixed "B" pillars (full 4 doors) will always be stronger unless you have money to cage the bitch. ;)

Even though your point may be valid, You don't understand the situation of my "rattle". It is not a annoying little rattle that you hear in most vehicles offroading. It is more like a hunk of metal getting jarred back and forth between two pieces of plastic. Very loud