Scab door rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you never made it up to my shop. im pretty busy tomorrow until about 4. so if you want me to take a look at it, it would have to be after then

OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The dealership tightened up the striker on the door. Seems to have dampened the rattle but now my door sticks like a mother when you try and open it

Joeka11

Reaction score
The dealership tightened up the striker on the door. Seems to have dampened the rattle but now my door sticks like a mother when you try and open it

Hey Braapppp, I actually had mine replaced a few months ago by the dealership for the same reason. The passenger side door rattled like hell when I would hit the good bumps. The guy told me the door should 'pop' open as soon as you push the button to open it. He said the factory gasket/shim on the striker sometimes move or off enough to where there is a metal to metal contact. You could not see it from the outside but he fixed the problem for me. He made temporary adjustments when I first went but still ordered a new one after that.

OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Braapppp, I actually had mine replaced a few months ago by the dealership for the same reason. The passenger side door rattled like hell when I would hit the good bumps. The guy told me the door should 'pop' open as soon as you push the button to open it. He said the factory gasket/shim on the striker sometimes move or off enough to where there is a metal to metal contact. You could not see it from the outside but he fixed the problem for me. He made temporary adjustments when I first went but still ordered a new one after that.

Did they have to take off the rear panel to see it?

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...It does sound like a metal to metal contact.

No mine still rattles. I've taken it to the dealer at least 5 times now. They even replaced the entire locking rod

Hi matrix243 and BRAPPPP,

I'll be happy to look into this and see how I can help. PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership; I'll start researching some options. :)

Crystal