Saved The Raptor!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd share with you guys that I have now successfully slid the raptor sideways on pavement at high speeds. I was doin around 65 which was the speed limit and all of a sudden appears a CONGO line of deer just chillin on the interstate in a straight line across all of the slow and most of the fast lane- so it was either hit them head on and destroy a brand new truck or swerve into the edge of the fast lane and median. Oh by the way I had a 6x12 trailer on the back with my snowmobile in it. So when i swerved the computer def took over when I applied the brakes and from there was trying to counter steer to keep from totally flipping the truck and trailer. In the end I ended up doing a complete 180 and the trailer flipped. No damage to the truck at all but trailer was totalled and sled has sum damage. Guess my tie downs saved the sled from complete destruction. This truck is worth every penny we payed for it. It saved my life as well as my dog and gf's life. The entire time sliding back and forth i really never felt it was going to tip but I'll tell you I was def ******** myself.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you and the family is OK, sorry about your sled. :peace:

OP
OP
AdkRaptor150

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bigblue- yeh it def could of been worse. Sled will get fixed -trailer is a sunken cost since It wasn't insured but what you gunna do. Sled fits on the back so no need to buy a new one anyways.

Banned
Reaction score
Shit!! That nice sled!!! Pics!!

Good to hear you're ok though. Coulda been a lot worse.

Damn deer!!

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
dammmm dude thats nuts sounds like you made the best out of a complete shit situation.........glad the truck handled it self well an kept you guys all safe without a scratch. The rest is material an can be replaced your guys safety an health is what matters most ....now go get some buck shot an get some revenge for your sled an trailer :hunter:

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow, glad everyone is doing okay. I would have taken the deer hit and had the insurance pay for a new one. But to each his own! I'm just glad it didn't turn out ugly

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Way to keep your cool under pressure. Glad everyone is ok! Pics.
Had something similar happen to me when I was on my HD , definitely
Let's you know your alive.

OP
OP
AdkRaptor150

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know who's getting a hunting license this year lol. Yeh all post pics up of the sled and i think I have some of the trailer. Yeh the cop said I should have just slammed the brakes and hit them- im like yeh I'll destroy a 50 thousand dollar truck and chance the possibility that the deer may come thru the windshield. Shit the insurance company would have repaired the whole front end and I woulda been stuck with a damaged truck that no ones gunna want if I ever try n sell it years later. If it wasn't for the trailer I think the truck would have regained control but hey ill never know.

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
I probably would have went the same route you did man. If I can avoid killing a deer with a vehicle I will. Just means there's more to kill with a rifle hahaha

OP
OP
AdkRaptor150

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last thing i wanted was one of those SOB's coming thru my windshield. If i coulda hit the gas and lifted the front tires to run there asses over I woulda but we all know that wasnt gunna happen lol.