Safety Gear-what do you carry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New thread to see what safety gear you're stocking in your Raptor. Not for racing, just every-day driving, in case you run across a bad situation.
At the moment I have:
-box of latex gloves
-face masks w/eye shields
-big ol' bag of surgical towels (good for general clean up, and in the worst case scenario, the red stuff)
-2 x 2.5 lb extinguishers ( did just read 4x4 pirates thread on extinguishers, making me re-think these.)
-decent first aid kit (about 50% stock, about 50% things I've added)
-old coat/jacket
-130 piece assorted toolkit
-air compressor
-quality, 10' jumper cables
-road flares (4)
-12v emergency spotlight (1,000,000 candlepower !...so about 1500 lumens, give or take)

That's the stuff that's always with me. I'll add other items depending on the plans.

So. What else you got? Let's leave firearms to a different discussion. Not anti-gun at all, I have my CCW permit, just want to not let this one get too far off-track as almost anything else related to firearms can.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mace pepper spray to keep black bears away. Long range stuff.

Also getting a usb cell charger and truck jumper battery or car jump starter rated for a truck.

Candle and water proof matches. zip lighter

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
20v impact and charger. i would also highly recommend either a trucker's friend or something along those lines. you'd also be surprised how handy a sawzall blade of hacksaw blade can be.

I carry a full EMT Med Kit. I'd strongly recommend a couple tourniquets and quickclot. I even carry prepackaged suture kits.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’m just going to throw this out there to suggest everyone be mindful of what you’re carrying

https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title18.2/chapter5/section18.2-94/

This has been pretty broadly interpreted to “mean what the government wants it to mean”. I know this because an acquaintance of a friend who was in a collision with injury. They were taken to the hospital, vehicle towed, but inventoried first. I think it was bolt cutters that made the issue a “thing”. Actually, it was a VSP trooper lacking capacity for independent thought that made it a thing, but you get the idea. Just be mindful that you’re not carrying something that could make life difficult for you.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I’m just going to throw this out there to suggest everyone be mindful of what you’re carrying

https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title18.2/chapter5/section18.2-94/

This has been pretty broadly interpreted to “mean what the government wants it to mean”. I know this because an acquaintance of a friend who was in a collision with injury. They were taken to the hospital, vehicle towed, but inventoried first. I think it was bolt cutters that made the issue a “thing”. Actually, it was a VSP trooper lacking capacity for independent thought that made it a thing, but you get the idea. Just be mindful that you’re not carrying something that could make life difficult for you.

agreed, but some of us do live in free states :). I also don't carry bolt cutters.