The Mojave Road, Jan 7-8 2012

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a problem. Internet Explorer 9 & the issue was it would not let me save it as anything but an XML file.
Worked around it on the computer & changed the extension.
THinking about switching to Chrome anyways.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
10 trucks! We've got 10 trucks signed up for this trip. Wow! :party36:

I'm going to cap it there. I'm not positive there's room enough at the camping spots to support more, especially if there are folks already there.

If you're on the list and you're not 100% sure you can go, please let me know. Since there's so much demand this time, if you're not sure you can make it, lets clear your spot for someone who can. Don't worry... there's gonna be lots more of these Expeditions to chose from in the coming months :)

Also I've updated the first post with a few more of the questions I've been asked via PM.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The problem with the gpx file is not a browser issue... gpx is an XML file so Windows 7 might tag it as XML when doing the "save as". So you need to manually change the extension on the saved file back to .gpx after the file is saved. Then it works fine.

Didn't have this problem with XP, but my Win 7 machine does.

Looking forward to the trip!!

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm getting more messages expressing concern about the potential water crossings this trip might require.

bstoner was out there a month ago and, thanks to the lack of rain and snow we've had this season, he only had to deal with "puddles". I sincerely doubt that water will be an issue this trip, and even if it becomes an issue, there are alternate routes available to us. The video from the trip last year was right after one of the heaviest rainy seasons on record, and still the water we had to cross was manageable.

Bottom line? Make up your own mind, but for my money I don't think we're going to have any trouble.

Hope that helps and see you guys soon!

Last edited:

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting excited to get going!
Just talked to my buddy (GMC Ray) & it looks like he won't make it back into town in time to go.....
:Violin:

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool on the Chebbys! Any idea where they plan to camp (assuming they do?)

No prob on your friend Dyno. I'll clear his spot and thanks for letting us know. Hopefully he can join next time.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make this trip. Just too much going on at work to be able to get away for the weekend.

I'm sure you'll all have a great trip! Enjoy and be safe