How To Stainless Works Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t seem to figure out how to post the original file so hope you can see these pics.

3E2661A5-C88C-49BA-B257-51A90BA0D4AD.jpeg

6D3B36D8-F89B-4957-B229-EE6F491C6214.jpeg

gtxracer

Reaction score
Pics are broken for me? Does anyone have another install write-up? This sounds like quite a process to remove and install the exhaust. Whew. Was hoping it would be easier as I'd like to do this someday!

Mike1996

Reaction score
Hey does anyone know how to get to the bottom header bolts? I can tighten the top 4 and two of the bottom ones but I can’t figure out a way to get to the the two middle bottom bolts to tighten them down?

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn! That'll save yeah $1500 right there!

Vote for your favorite pic
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f18/january-2017-calendar-vote-46906/
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Delta Lead
www.runraptorrun.com

Say what?

Contact us today for the incredible Rogue Racing New Year's front bumper specials!

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Hey does anyone know how to get to the bottom header bolts? I can tighten the top 4 and two of the bottom ones but I can’t figure out a way to get to the the two middle bottom bolts to tighten them down?

Several lengths of extensions and swivels. Patience and a friend help too.

sorry for tagging everyone. just trying to figure out the best tactic here. I know this is an old post, but question as I'm in the middle of putting in long tubes myself. where did you lift the engine from? if you jacked it on the oil pan, where did you do that from? back by the drain plug? or up towards the front? or another location?

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ended up putting a piece of wood on the front half of the lower part of the pan. by the drain plug. I removed the lower cross brace. seemed easier that way to have access.

When i first did it I placed the wood more in the middle of that lowest part (big piece of wood) and the jack was in the middle i was trying to watch the motor movement vs the jack movement (so i don't crush the pan). wasnt happy. so i moved the jack to be more on the passengers side and by the corner, figuring the corner/vertical part would be the "strongest" or least likely to move.

I may have moved the lower middle part of the pan slightly. when i'm done, I'm going to do an oil change. while its empty, i'm going to try and look in the oil drain hole and make sure there is space between the pan and the oil pickup. I would hate to do all this just to F it all up and blow the motor.