GEN 2 Rumor: No more leaf springs in 2021 !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I'm really interested to see what's up with this. I hope it isnt a 5 link and it is actually a triangulated 4 link. If it is a 4 link, I'm most interested to see how ford designed out the kind of frame flex that drives most companies to require a full roll cage for proper triangulation.

of ford could just be messing with EVERYONE and is actually testing their new EV f-150 drivetrain on a raptor.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not educated in suspensions, however why not just go to independent in the rear? Seems like it would provide the best ride and articulation for off roading.

Humvees are rear independent and look Awesome.

IRS would give you a better on-road ride but nowhere near the articulation. That’s why Wranglers are solid axles front and rear.

flynford

Reaction score
I believe I see the 5th link, that's too bad as causes side-to-side movement as it cycles. I drew a red line around the link below
upload_2019-9-7_20-27-15.png

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've gotta start in working a bunch of OT...sure do want a new V8 (if it comes out) and 4 link would be the bomb! Not giving up my Gen1 though....

Yesterday I dropped my truck at the dealer and through the conversation we had he mentioned that the 2020 Raptor will have a V8 and he was confident about it. He also mentioned that Ford wont announce it until they get rid of 80% of the 2019 stock. I don't know how true he is but that's what he told me.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This suspension will be exclusive to the halo truck with gt500 motor. Kinda like what Buick did with GNX in 87 .