RPG National springs Hd towing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Are you guys for real?? You really gona shit all over this guys thread?

Back on topic. I have to agree with Big Scott. The HD springs were designed to haul ass with 500lbs in the bed while off road. That's not to say they aren't going to work with no weight but the ride will be more firm than the standard springs. I tow a 5000+ lb boat and trailer 2 times a month with National standard springs and no issues.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much weight are you guys running in the bed of these truck on your Raptor runs? 2-3 tires, fuel can/tanks, straps, and tools? How much does all of that weigh? I'm torn between the two as well.

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
With tools and spare it handles the weight fine. Squats 2 inches or so. The ride of the standard spring is nice. With 300 lbs + the hd springs will rides close to the same. Jarret from rpg will tell you the hd springs are meant to carry weight all the time so when unloaded the ride will be harder. The standard springs perform well when carring weight when needed. Way better than the stock springs.

Turf Tamer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With tools and spare it handles the weight fine. Squats 2 inches or so. The ride of the standard spring is nice. With 300 lbs + the hd springs will rides close to the same. Jarret from rpg will tell you the hd springs are meant to carry weight all the time so when unloaded the ride will be harder. The standard springs perform well when carring weight when needed. Way better than the stock springs.

I had the same conversation with Jarret and was told the same. HD's are for guys running with weight in the bed at all times.

OP
OP
rstarr

rstarr

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys i will probably call RPG and see what they say is my best option. I still want a smooth ride!

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
AHHHHHHH HAAAAAAAA are you in Fort Worth??? If so no problem you can ride in mine------then report bactk to the Board on how the ride feels!!

Hey Boss Hoss that's a great idea, do you have heavy duty Nationals ?

That's what is Great about FRF. Members helping members make good solid choices in aftermarket upgrades !