Roush CAI on 2012 SCREW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mississippi Raptor
Reaction score
FirstTruck,
The filter I received from Roush seems to working fine to me. The assembly was pretty easy and everything fit together well. I even ran my truck at the Texas Raptor Run and it never loosened. There is definitly a little bit of a tilt to the filter in the pictures from the manufacturer but I dont think it is that big of a deal.

First Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply MR. The filter I received was round/ cone shaped and was not at all like that in the picture included with the instructions. Also, if u even watch the installation video from Roush on YouTube the filter they show is much bigger. When I saw your picture I started thinking that the filter sent by Stage 3 was a smaller, cheaper version from a smaller engine version. Still think that is correct and will try to call Stage 3 on Monday to confirm. Was just trying to give the guys here a heads up.

First Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke to Stage 3 today. Sending them pictures of the filter I received, they will send out correct one in exchange. Did not make sense to have such a small filter on such a large engine.

First Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, confirmed with both Stage 3 and Roush. They changed the filter due to "drivability issues" with the old filter. So the smaller filter is correct. So the filter that you now receive with the kit is smaller and cone shaped, not not the one shown in the instruction booklet or video.