Rough Country LED Ditch Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorGhost

Reaction score
So I bought these Rough Country ditch lights and went to install them on my AUX 2 but the harness is a mess, and not specifically made for Raptors.

Link to the lights

That being said, is there another harness or something that I can buy to make these lights connect to the upfitter switches? Harness is shown in the link provided.

Also, is there a good "splicing" video that will show me how I can connect to the green/brown wire? Unable to wrap my head around it lol

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got same lights. Mount the relay, ground black wire to body, hook red wire to positive battery. Unplug switch, throw in trash, cut white plastic plug off, run blue or red to any single upfitter wire, forget about other two wires.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor. At least use a male to female connector to hook to upfitter switch, not a but splice. Given some engineer decided 4in of wire… and hey let’s stick them behind the battery, cause that’s super inconvenient… was the correct amount . If you are like me and change you mind a lot, you won’t wanna keep cutting off butt splices. There are better methods, but if you are like me, you ain’t gonna wait for more parts to come in before you hook them up. I bought a huge assortment of weather pak connectors and crimping pliers and release tools from Amazon, they are made from the finest Chinezium, but do the job.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice and very helpful, especially how to correctly use the pliers for the Deutz(?)( I’m sure I screwed that up) connectors .

OP
OP
RaptorGhost

RaptorGhost

Reaction score
I got same lights. Mount the relay, ground black wire to body, hook red wire to positive battery. Unplug switch, throw in trash, cut white plastic plug off, run blue or red to any single upfitter wire, forget about other two wires.
Thanks for this. I'll be trying it out this weekend.

OP
OP
RaptorGhost

RaptorGhost

Reaction score
Great write-up. Needed this to better visualize what I'm going to be doing. Thanks.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this. I'll be trying it out this weekend.
I have lights from RC, Rigid and BD. All the switched harnesses are essentially the same. I checked the RC lights, the blue wire on leg that goes to switch is all you need to hook to upfitter wire.
I didn’t order the A pillar kit, just the lights. I have A pillar mounts from SDHQ. I ran the wiring under the windshield wiper cowling. I found good videos for a Gen 2, I don’t know how different a Gen 3. I have my light pointed at about a 45 degree angle from centerline of hood. The light wash on the hood is somewhat distracting. Possible yellow lights would be a better choice. I think the A pillar lights are more cosmetic than useful actually, but I have 4-6.5 lights, a 20in light bar and 2 yellow fogs on the front,I’m lighting up every zone pretty well without the A pillar lights.
I have 4 relays mounted on top of fuse panel lid and one relay out near the battery, finding a good mounting location for all the relays is a challenge.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Add these to the short uplifter wires.

This for the lights to the a-pillars

OP
OP
RaptorGhost

RaptorGhost

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor. At least use a male to female connector to hook to upfitter switch, not a but splice. Given some engineer decided 4in of wire… and hey let’s stick them behind the battery, cause that’s super inconvenient… was the correct amount . If you are like me and change you mind a lot, you won’t wanna keep cutting off butt splices. There are better methods, but if you are like me, you ain’t gonna wait for more parts to come in before you hook them up. I bought a huge assortment of weather pak connectors and crimping pliers and release tools from Amazon, they are made from the finest Chinezium, but do the job.
Thanks a lot again. I did exactly what you said and used the blue wire on that harness and ignored the others. The lights came out awesome and pain free.