Rigid Adapt Light Bar Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I just got a 30” Adapt light bar that will mount to my SVC Baja frame cut bumper and was wondering if there is a way to tie it in to aux lights and high beams like others have done with other lights that don’t have their own controllers.

My understanding is that the controller will automatically go to the last mode that was activated.

What I would like to be able to do is have the RGB backlighting set to amber for daytime aux lighting and run the light with its speed sensor on High Beams. If running through the switches is needed that’s fine or if need to purchase some other type of larger switch module that work with high beams that is fine too. I’d almost rather use a piggy back type of module that will allow higher amperage across all the switches anyway.

Bests
Alex

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the adapt underdash module has trigger wires you can use for projecting mode and back lighting. to tie it into highbeams, you can probably just tap your actual highbeams.
boostedgreygoose makes headlight harnesses with the highbeam wires if needed.
no need to mess with any of the other stuff like new relays etc, the adapt is already on a relay.

OP
OP
A

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the adapt underdash module has trigger wires you can use for projecting mode and back lighting. to tie it into highbeams, you can probably just tap your actual highbeams.
boostedgreygoose makes headlight harnesses with the highbeam wires if needed.
no need to mess with any of the other stuff like new relays etc, the adapt is already on a relay.
Gotcha so will work just like any other scenario even though has the separate controller. I thought that was the case since the install directions said they would operate with or without the switch controller and would revert to the last setting.

So new question. What is the best device to use as an upgrade to the factory Upfitter switches so that can safely run higher amperages on all the switches through new module? I’ve only seen one or two but haven’t searched very long being that I just got the light bar for Fathers Day.

Bests
Alex

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have run this before, but i have since removed it and installed a switchpros sp9100. my aux panel controls the 2 triggers for the sp9100 and my headlight drl, and on/off for the switchpros itself.

OP
OP
A

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on that setup please as both of those are on my radar. I think I understand everything the lvj can do but unsure as to all the sp9100 capabilities.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i got rid of the lvj already. i now run everything through switchpros. the switch pros took over my sunglasses holder area.
it 8 switches, and can be programmed to be triggered via 2 different triggers as well.
i have multiple lights like my yellow ones on separate switches in the switchpros, and have a trigger connected to aux that will turn all the yellow ones on at once etc.
can also be programmed to strobe or flash.

OP
OP
A

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got rid of the lvj already. i now run everything through switchpros. the switch pros took over my sunglasses holder area.
it 8 switches, and can be programmed to be triggered via 2 different triggers as well.
i have multiple lights like my yellow ones on separate switches in the switchpros, and have a trigger connected to aux that will turn all the yellow ones on at once etc.
can also be programmed to strobe or flash.

Sorry for my ignorance between the two when it comes to actual usage just the extra involved install seems like it would need to be quite a bit better to go through the trouble since the upfitter switches will stay in place.

Like with the lvj unit all the wires that are ran to the upfitter switches are turned into sensing wires instead of amp load carrying wires. I know that wasn’t the best or proper way to describe them but the size of the existing upfitter wires doesn’t matter when use the lvj unit since they will act more like a trigger only.

The switch pro would require running the wire harness up through the headliner (if installed there) but would also allow more features. I like the ability to have the two presets (triggers) just not sure if would be worth the extra install time on the interior side of the truck is what I’m more worried about being that the price difference isn’t much at all really.

So do you even use any of your OEM upfitter switches now? Like did you use two of them as the triggers for the Switchpro or place thaose somewhere else?

Bests

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for my ignorance between the two when it comes to actual usage just the extra involved install seems like it would need to be quite a bit better to go through the trouble since the upfitter switches will stay in place.

Like with the lvj unit all the wires that are ran to the upfitter switches are turned into sensing wires instead of amp load carrying wires. I know that wasn’t the best or proper way to describe them but the size of the existing upfitter wires doesn’t matter when use the lvj unit since they will act more like a trigger only.

The switch pro would require running the wire harness up through the headliner (if installed there) but would also allow more features. I like the ability to have the two presets (triggers) just not sure if would be worth the extra install time on the interior side of the truck is what I’m more worried about being that the price difference isn’t much at all really.

So do you even use any of your OEM upfitter switches now? Like did you use two of them as the triggers for the Switchpro or place thaose somewhere else?

Bests
My oem upfitter is there, i use them for triggers, a master control to kill the switchpros, and also using one to kill the drls in my morimoto v2 headlights.
For the money spent, the switch pros will give you more functionality and features. The lvj is nice, but you are paying a lot for what it does. the lvj is basically 6 relays inside a neat box. and prewired.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to use the trigger function to establish the strobe function to a light / set of lights?
thats actually a good question. when i get the time, i'll run a jumper from my background lights trigger on the adapt over to my switch pros and see if it'll take the strobe/flash functions.