Rigid Adapt Light Bar Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I tap into the backlighting of the Adapt bar through the main lighting harness to trigger them to come on with the other marker lights since I will have the brain module hooked up to ignition source so that the control module isn’t always in the “on” position?

I have the SpecialtyPerformance lock/unlock/marker light harness for backlighting that want to tie into the 30” light bar so that they flash when the truck ignition isn’t in the on position.

Eventually I would like to be able to have all or most of my back lights/amber lights tied into this feature so if there is a better way that requires relays, diodes, or other equipment that will handle them all for the flashing it could be worth planning now.

OP
OP
A

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke with John at SPVparts yesterday about trying to figure out how to get the Adapt backlights to function with the lock/unlock/marker harness and he suggested that I tie the white wire coming out of the Dash Module (the trigger wire) to the harness as that might be the solution.

This would be with the Dash Module hooked up to ignition so only would be feeding the module with the power linked to the marker lights when truck is off through the key fob.

Does this sound like the easiest way to accomplish what I’m trying to do in the above post? Just hate to blow anything up being that my electrical knowledge is lacking. I assume the white wire would receive the same voltage if I hooked it up to the upfitter switch instead of the harness so no big deal but would be pushing power through the under dash module when it isn’t receiving power from its ignition lead so just have to ask those more knowledgeable.

OP
OP
A

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the diagram.

Attachments

• 788A4A89-C27F-4DFE-B22D-94D484EE481E.jpeg
    788A4A89-C27F-4DFE-B22D-94D484EE481E.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 22