Riding rough. Suspension question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

sfemti33

Reaction score
No live valve shocks for the 2018. Just regular old Fox shocks.

How many miles are on the truck?
90k. They appear pretty good but my next step is to replace. Aired down last night and it helped a bit but the front feels stiff when I jump on the bumper.

jchap711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can get some take offs from someone on this forum if you have the time to wait for a deal.

BWorkman

Reaction score
If the shocks were never replaced or rebuilt, I would look into that first. You probably won’t be able to find the fronts at a dealer as they’ll he last time I looked they were all sold out another country. Best bet is to get them rebuilt. This should be done anywhere between 15k and 50k miles, all dependent on driving style. It’s also possible that they were rebuilt and have upgraded valving which would make them ride stiffer.

mkraus01

Reaction score
Maybe you can get some take offs from someone on this forum if you have the time to wait for a deal.
I have some factory 2022 35” wheels that I just took off at 500 miles if you are interested. Replaced with 37’s. I’m in Michigan. You are welcome to make an offer if you choose to go this route.

JLIVI-67

Reaction score
2018 802a recently bought used from Ford dealership from original owner. It feels like it rides rougher, suspension-wise, than I think it should. Highway feels like I'm riding on washboard (although our highways are shit). When I jump on the back it is one bounce and nothing else. What else should I check for?
Anyone have any feedback or input on Valve Cover Options… 2018 Raptor 3.5L ???

Thanks
Jeff

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
90k. They appear pretty good but my next step is to replace. Aired down last night and it helped a bit but the front feels stiff when I jump on the bumper.

Can you post pics of the front suspension? Wonder if there is any modifications.