17k mile 2019, riding a little rough.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So I'm a week into the honeymoon with my 2019 Raptor. Loving this machine.

I got the bed liner sprayed in and a brand new tonneau cover the other day and as I was walking around the bed, installing the cover, I just felt like something don't feel right. It almost feels like the shocks are loose when I phisically bounce a bit while standing in the bed. Having experience with shocks from other hobbies/vehicles, I suppose I tuned into this feeling, maybe too much?

I did some searching and nothing really came up like I was describing so I let it go with the idea thr I would have a look at another truck one of these days to compare.

Today, put a good bunch of miles on the thing. I couldn't help but think the ride is a little rougher than it should be. I also noticed that when braking in a parking lot or a drive through (very low speed, to stop) that it seems like the truck... bounces a little when the brakes finally grab/stop it. Ever so slightly.

When I jump in the bed it does NOT seem to bounce like one would expect a vehicle with blown shocks to bounce.

Anyone have any wisdom they could share?

Fwiw: Holy hell this thing is gorgeous...

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius with a rough ride

Use forescan and reset the ride height. Any other modifications done to the truck? Any leaking shocks? Was your last car a Cadillac?

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
IMG_9801.jpeg

Last/OTHER car is a 911. Last truck was a 21' Sierra Elevation, poking out behind there in the pic as a matter of fact.

Load Rang C tires, didn't look at pressure just yet.

I don't believe there are any mods to the truck, it is a CPO vehicle, the CarFOX says the rear shocks were replaced at 12k miles.. no signs of leaks, typically sitting on concrete driveway, so assume it would be visible.

Just got back from trip, was trying to determine if there was a way to change stiffness, saw all of the modes, just driving in normal mode.. had it in sport for a minute the other day..

I might just be way too... sensitive.. for lack of a better way of saying it.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Definitely check pressures, 34F and 32R is what I run. Some run 32F and 30R or lower. Dealership probably has them over 40 ps

Welp, good lead. 38psi at all corners. Will adjust tomorrow.

Still SMH about the feeling when bouncing in bed. Feels like shocks have air in them.. like, there is no damping right at the very top of stroke, first .25" of travel..

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You know the shocks are not getting voltage when the truck is off right? If you jump in the bed it will feel stiff because the valves are at full close.