Riding rough. Suspension question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sfemti33

Reaction score
2018 802a recently bought used from Ford dealership from original owner. It feels like it rides rougher, suspension-wise, than I think it should. Highway feels like I'm riding on washboard (although our highways are shit). When I jump on the back it is one bounce and nothing else. What else should I check for?

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2018 802a recently bought used from Ford dealership from original owner. It feels like it rides rougher, suspension-wise, than I think it should. Highway feels like I'm riding on washboard (although our highways are shit). When I jump on the back it is one bounce and nothing else. What else should I check for?
How about suspension modes. Did you knock it into Sport on accident? Maybe previous owner did something to the suspension.

OP
OP
S

sfemti33

Reaction score
How about suspension modes. Did you knock it into Sport on accident? Maybe previous owner did something to the suspension.
It is in normal driving mode but the steering wheel is in S mode, would that make any sort of difference? The inspection showed no aftermarket modifications.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
38 is a couple too high in the front and about 4-6 too high in the rear. Also check that they are Load Range C, they make the KO in multiple ranges.

OP
OP
S

sfemti33

Reaction score
38 is a couple too high in the front and about 4-6 too high in the rear. Also check that they are Load Range C, they make the KO in multiple ranges.
Ok, I had read elsewhere that 38 was just aboout right. So closer to 34? I'll give that a shot. I'll take a look at the load range and post an update later.

OP
OP
S

sfemti33

Reaction score
The other question I have is do the 2018s have the VDM with live shock adjustments and if I should look into that. Thanks.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
No live valve shocks for the 2018. Just regular old Fox shocks.

How many miles are on the truck?