Reviews of Fabtech 4 Inch Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
So same question... Why are you wanting to lift a Raptor? I really hope you dont offroad it like its supposed to with that on there.

Jarrett H

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be severely concerned of the axel wrap/wheel hop with larger lift blocks for the leafs. The rear suspension on a stock raptor is extremely soft and my truck wheel hops on snow and pavement with even a slight throttle. The axel wrap and hop will only be compounded with larger blocks. Food for thought....

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys, why ask why?

People want to lift Raptors, slam Raptors, run pizza cutter wheels/tires, paint them pink, whatever.

If everyone liked what you like then every Raptor would be like yours.

By the way, your way isn't better for anyone but you.

y6c3ybej74.jpg

3_qt_Popcorn_Bowl_1.jpg

I'm guessing this thread will be 5 pages long by tomorrow this time

Last edited:

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jarrett H - Agreed... the aftermarket knuckles, rear leaf lift blocks, and coilver spacers are probably the weak links. The sub-frame crossmembers should be fine if they still use 1/4" steel and shot peen them like the old kits.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys, why ask why?

People want to lift Raptors, slam Raptors, run pizza cutter wheels/tires, paint them pink, whatever.

If everyone liked what you like then every Raptor would be like yours.

By the way, your way isn't better for anyone but you.

y6c3ybej74.jpg

3_qt_Popcorn_Bowl_1.jpg

I'm guessing this thread will be 5 pages long by tomorrow this time

Told y'all we would need multiple thing of popcorn.

C3855

Reaction score
I'm here huckleberry

So I have been reading through this old thread , and have chosen to re -hash this conversation ... So let me start by stating I currently have a 2012 raptor. Now 1st regular f150 with the 5.4 I purchased already lifted , took it for some mild off roading. It had an 8" lift on 22 x14 fuel wheel on 40 15.5 ... Loved the look but the 40's were over kill. So then I hear about the 6.2 and so I traded for a raptor primarily for 6.2. Now im not a fan of look of stock wheel and tire set up on the raptor. (To skinny) I also didn't know a lift kit was irreversible based on my experience from the 1st f150... So I got a fabtec lift and put my 22x14's on the raptor w 38 15.5 .... I didn't even know the stock suspension could be raised at the time . So fast forward I have trimmed the front fenders and bumper a bit to compensate for the rubbing, and I am able to make full u turns no rubbing. Now there's a whole lot of bashing, names being thrown like lift kits are for posers etc... Let me clarify once again , if I knew the lift kit was irreversible I wouldn't have done it ,had I know the fox set up was adjustable , I would have never used the fabtec... but what's done is done so it is what it is .. All that has been about 1 year ago and I have learned allot since .

Now, I dont baby my truck , I take it to a local place where I ride my race quad and dirt bikes. There's enough room so I can get up to about 40 mph, dirt, mud, rutts etc... I have driven over 4 feet dunes, got a little air borne , enough to smack my head on the roof of the truck. Nothing's broke yet . I'm currently having the 3.0's, bump stops, axels, bushings and upper control arms done as well . Now i've watched plenty of videos from TRR. From the videos it doesn't really look that different from what I have already done here expect for big jump. I truly wish I could get off work to come out there and test the truck out but unfortunately I can't get the time but I will be at Roc fest and believe me I will test the truck within means as I am no poser. I like a big beefy truck I like the look of my big ass wheels on my truck . I also like to haul ass and like to do it in the sand or dirt and mud with AC /DC pumping , so if I can have a truck that can do all around and give me the look that I want then it's a win . If something does break yeah it's going to suck but I'm willing to bet some of y'all out there have broken some things due to our driving passions I would hope we would be there to help eachother instead of throwing insults and at the least we'll all be able to finally get some realistic answers to if a lift kit really is a bad thing for raptor. So I look forward to meeting any of you guys, roc fest, raptor expeditions TRR or wherever the hell my adventures take me in my raptor but I can assure that when you meet me in person you will know I am no poser It's one thing to have big balls and give opinions over the World Wide Web because God knows we all have one , but it's another when we're all in person... Now God bless America , God bless FORD and God bless the RAPTOR. ✌️

D

Deleted member 12951

@C3855 Any pics of said raptor you have? Did you end up signing up for Raptoberfest or is that what you are missing?

C3855

Reaction score
Sorry RDFTS, sorry about the late reply , trucks still in the shop ..I'll post some pics after install is complete , probably next week sometime , awaiting a replacement cv axel from RCB to come in.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

Signed up for roc fest

ajstar89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, guys, we are focusing on the wrong options for our tuck here. The real question we should all be asking regarding ride height, is where can we find a lowing kit? This truck is just to high as is.

With its high center of gravity and soft suspension, its and insurance nightmare. For the safety of all others on the road we should be lowering these trucks. Not to mention it will greatly enhance the looks, handling, and overall sex appeal of the truck.

Lowering the truck also solves a number of issues, such as axel warp, cv angles and finding dates of course. IDK about you guys, but I can't wait for Fabtech's new lowering kit. Sema seems like the perfect release date. But who knows maybe RPG beats them to the release and we get some more players in the game competing for the business.

Lift kits, lowering kits and underglow on the way... exciting times to be a raptor owner!

LOL:ROFLJest: