The best of street/strip....2001 lpe ttz06

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m honestly going to try and keep this as short as I can, but at this point a novel length post is the only thing what would do this car justice…

First, I guess I’ll start with a bit of the car’s history. The car is an original Lingenfelter car, and in the LPE world is known as “Greg’s Car” after the original owner. The car was originally built with a 417ci and a 6spd along with the LPE Stage 2 turbo system. The first owner had the car up here in the north east for roughly 6 years and it became very well known. The car has always been a drive it to the track, run the number, and drive it home type of race car. After a while the car was sold to “Chad” down in MS where it also stayed for roughly 6 years. During that time Chad made numerous changes to the car including the currently engine as well as swapping the trans out for a 4L80e conversion. Chad primarily used the car for grudge racing at Gulfport MS. After a while, the car again garnered quite the reputation and it got to the point where no one would race it and its money making ability stopped. It was at that point that I became the third owner. When I bought the car it had 14,600 miles on the chassis.

Over the past 3 years of ownership I’ve done quite a bit to the car with one goal in mind…completing Hot Rod Magazine’s Drag Week. I wanted a car that could run bottom 9’s on pump gas, get off the track then make a 7 hour drive…without touching it, ever. This year, I was finally able to realize that goal. My 5 day average with the car was a 9.33 at 149mph. Again, this is on pump gas, without make any changes to the tune…ever. Literally the only changes made between street/race were changing to the drag pack wheels and putting in the swing out door bars. I babied the car off the line at each track so the 60ft times were a lazy 1.48 leaving around 2000rpm off the foot brake. The best ET for drag week was 9.29 (x2) and the best MPH was 151mph. In its “race” trim the car weighs 3450lbs without me.

You simply will not find a more consistent, well mannered, well sorted car on this site…let alone one that will run 9.29’s all over the country on 93 pump. In the past year the car has been featured prominently on companies’/automotive sites and as a full feature in the November issue of Vette Magazine.

Below you’ll find a breakdown on what’s currently in the car. You’ll see that no expense has been spared, and frankly…there’s a disgusting amount of money in it.

CHASSIS

2001 Corvette Z06, Quicksilver. (17,000 miles)

LPE Mini-Tub Kit

DMC Racing 8.50 cert Chromoly Cage w/swing out door bars and custom window net. Carbon fiber tube protectors as well as carbon fiber chute handle. I challenge you to find a nicer fitting 8.50 cage in a full interior’d vette.

DMC Racing interchangeable parachute mount and trailer ball. DJ’s Safety Parachute, and custom DJ's window net

Rear of trans tunnel enlarged for 4L80e swap

Sparco Pro 2000 Driver and Passenger seat, both with G-Force Racing 5pt Harnesses

Entire interior coated in DynaMat Extreme

Still retains full heat/AC

EGT and AEM Fail Safe AFR/Boost Gauges on the A-pillar

Pioneer Flip out HU/Alpine DPX 4 Channel Amp/Pioneer 6.75 separate’s in the doors.

MOTOR-

434ci – (Under 4000 miles)

ERL Superdeck 1 block with the 6 head bolt option built 03/12

Callies Dragon Slayer Crank / Wiseco Billet Steal Rods/ Wiseco Pistons 9.5:1, Bearings coated.

GM LSX Heads / GM LS9 Cam / 1.7 ratio rockers / LS7 Intake

C6 Oil Pump / C6 Oil Pan / LPE Catch can

Stock coils / Iridium Plugs / Firecore50 plug wires

GM water pump, LPE Aluminum Radiator/w AN lines and fittings

FORCED INDUCTION / EXHAUST

LPE Stage 2 Turbo Kit

Garrett GT30 Turbos (60mm) – Low mount, not visible from engine bay.

LPE twin A/A intercoolers and LPE intake/compressor piping. Filter location is different than most LPE cars for increased flow.

DMC Racing custom 3 inch stainless exhaust – v-band’d and completely modular.

DMC Racing muffler delete pipes exit in factory location

Borla custom one off Titanium mufflers (car is almost stock quiet with these installed)

Alky Control Methanol injection (twin nozzle) – New pump in 2016, uses washer tank for ****

TUNING

Tuned by Don at SlowHawk Performance in Bridgewater MA. As stated above it runs on 93 pump gas and is currently running 16psi of boost on the street and the track. Current tune is good until 18psi. Car currently runs the stock C5 computer.

FUEL SYSTEM

Stock C5 tanks so the pumps are located in the lower driver’s side tank and easily accessible.

Lonnies Performance duel internal pump setup with brand new Aeromotive 340’s.

Lonnies Performance fuel pump wiring. 2nd pump turns on at 2psi of boost via a Hobbs switch.

Fuel Lab external filter

8AN feed line to an Aeromotive Pro Regulator, then into the stock fuel rails.

Fuel returns to the tank via the stock feed hardline.

All AN fuel lines coated in DEI Fire Sleeve

Fast 85lb injectors

DRIVETRAIN

Car has been converted to auto using a 4L80e. To accomplish this, the tunnel was enlarged at the rear bulkhead and the torque tub has been shortened. All interior pieces still fit as normal.

RPM Transmissions Level 5 4L80e with trans brake installed (never used) Just freshened.

4L80e L5

Billet rail’d aluminum deep sump trans pan modified to accommodate the 3 inch exhaust

Pro Torque 3000rpm stall converter with electronic lockup

Quicktime SFI Bellhousing

B&M large trans cooler with fan mounted in front of the radiator.

All trans lines are coated in DEI Fire Sleeve front to rear

Stock GM Auto shifter in stock location

Trans is controlled by a TCI trans controller. Laptop will be included with the programing and current trans tune installed.

RPM Transmissions built C6Z rear end with 3.42 gearing.

Trans/Rear end braced using the ECS brace

DSS 2000hp axle upgrade

SUSPENSION

Stock C5 front cradle/arms/leaf spring/front sway bar removed

C6Z rear cradle/arms/leaf spring/ rear sway bar to accommodate the trans/rear swap. This swap moves the centerline of the wheel backwards 1 inch allowing the use of larger tires.

Penske adjustable remote reservoir shocks on all 4 corners. Shocks were completely rebuilt in 2016 and also have new bump stops installed.

Stock C5Z brakes front and rear. Calipers coated red.

WHEELS/TIRES

Street Setup
Front - CCW Classics 18x9 with Continental 265/35/18s

Rear – CCW Classics 18x13 (widened for mini-tub) Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial 345/35/18

Strip Setup

Front – Polished Weld Full Throttle 17x4.5 with new M&H Front Runners. This is the very first set of Full Throttle wheels sold to the public, in fact these are the actual wheels used in the initial advertisements. It took 5 months to get these

Rear – CCW 3pc Classics with a custom outer Ultra Lite beadlocks by Beadlock Conversions. 16x10, New Hoosier Drag Radials 295/50/16

BODY

As stated before, there is actually only 17,000 miles on the body/chassis. The car has lived in climate controlled garages and race shops for its entire life. There are a few blemish’s (paint chips ect.) but that’s to be expected from a car this age, and one that’s actually used as opposed to a show queen.

The rear brake cooling vents have been blocked off as a result of the LPE mini-tub kit.

A 5th Gen ZL1 Camaro hood vent has been added. The car will normally run in the 190-198 range all day long during the warm months and never has any cooling issues. The vent was added purely as a “just in case” mod for this year’s Drag Week. We often run for 7 hours plus worth of street driving in the middle of the country in 90+ degree temps so anything you can do to ensure the car stays happy is time well spent. As a side note, this single mod dropped the car’s highway cruising temp by a full 10 degrees.

OTHER

The car drives and handles like a stock corvette, though the adjustable Penske shocks make it even better.

With the stock ZR1 cam there’s no surge at idle or light throttle cruise. The trans is controlled electronically as is the lock up converter, so you simply put the car in DRIVE and go. The exhaust is very quiet, basically stock sounding so there’s no issues there either. The car looks very plain, but lots of time and money have gone into making it look and drive like just a normal corvette. If ever you could call any corvette a “sleeper” mine would be that car. Keep in mind that it also has the full vette suspension and brakes so it stops and turns just as well as it goes.

On the track the car is the easiest thing in the world to drive. Complete the burn out in 3rd gear, shift into DRIVE and stage. Apply the brake pressure and light throttle until the car starts to push through the brakes around 2300rpm. Once it starts to creep forward, simply let off the brakes and push your foot to the floor and hold on. The car goes LASER straight every single time. It doesn’t really start to get moving until just after 60ft but when it does it plants you in the seat. The trans shifts automatically at 5200rpm, so it’s really just a point and shoot driving experience.

When we race we run the same tune that’s in the car for the street. The ONLY changes I make to the car before a run are to change the wheels over to the drag setup and install the door bars into the cage. Literally ZERO other changes are made. Honestly, if you don’t 9.30’s in this car on your first time out, you’re doing something wrong. This car truly is THAT sorted….

Included with the car will be the trailer we use for Drag Week. This trailer has been used for all three of this car’s Drag Week appearances with zero issues. It holds the complete “drag pack” wheels and tires, two 5 gallon jerry cans of fuel and has an enclosed large tool box that will fit just about whatever you need for a week long drag racing event. With this trailer, the only thing we’ve had to actually put in the trunk of the car has been a small bag of clothes for one of us for the week. The trailer started out as a Harbor Freight 4x4 trailer but we’ve extended the tongue an additional 10 inches to help with tongue weight as well as backing up.

CLOSING

The ONLY reason I’m selling the car is to use the money for a down payment on a home. Hard to admit, but I guess everyone has to be an adult sometime, and my time has come. The car truly is everything I say it is and more. The hard part for me is once it’s gone; I know I’ll never own anything quite like it again. The car is well documented, with its performance at Drag Week and otherwise. I have any number of in car videos of the various runs and can also point you to the exact run times during the live Drag Week footage. I also have tons of pictures and also have a lift in my garage so if you want pictures of anything you don’t see, just ask and I’ll get them to you. To really appreciate this car you have to see it up close and in person, so I welcome you to make the trip. You won’t be disappointed. When I bought it, I drove to Mississippi (solo) and back to get it, and it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. Even if you don’t buy my car….I will say, don’t be afraid to travel for the RIGHT car. You’ll thank yourself later.

ASKING PRICE (includes trailer/wheels/any and all bits and pieces)

- $60K

VARIOUS PICS

sideview_zpsdddefcba.png

B5FA5BA3-19DE-45BA-88F7-0D1ED0A1577B_zpscuswj69z.jpg

B9457A6E-4EB8-4879-887C-4BD081C11BF8_zpsnjyzgajk.jpg

D9857E5F-69C0-4D49-98BE-91AABFC4570C_zpsnqtdc78l.jpg

DSC00117_zpsuuzzbl78.jpg

DSC00115_zps4eogwgjs.jpg

DSC00100_zpswzt5wsbr.jpg

DSC00103_zpsqzykc6cu.jpg

DSC00110_zpsrix5ssuh.jpg

DSC00106_zpsdigxd4bi.jpg

DSC00107_zpshwas5ki4.jpg

532B3786-454F-4F6C-A00D-0A1C68B6A0E5_zpswyjn4hkp.jpg

69B22294-FC7C-47D0-9116-F35D5473D83F_zpsttkpvbzd.jpg

607A038F-2879-47FB-9AA6-CB43F0556D56_zpsqq3t3s1b.jpg

5AA98828-A095-4BC6-A533-ED99F425087C_zpsqhf5vb7p.jpg

VIDEOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvU5RvaltSM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCyOHA0IsgY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW6HpeOQ40U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGyuKfvUS8A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAq7UjK9YPI

OP
OP
trayack

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks much.

I'd also be open to a cash/trade deal with the majority of the combined value being cash.

- Travis

WarEagle135

Reaction score
Nice ride! I've seen this car for sale somewhere else too, I think Corvette Forum?

Anyway, good luck with the sale! I'm working on selling one of my toys now with plans to build a C5 in the near future.