Reverse Camera Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SPYC-2X

SPYC-2X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, everyone -

With the latest software (3.6.2), the rear view camera guidelines are set to ON by default.

If anyone has additional questions or wants to check their software version, shoot me a PM.

Jaclyn

Thanks, Jaclyn! I think the confusion stems from what is actually available to us. Does the latest software include both fixed AND active guidelines for the REVERSE camera? And is this software only available to Raptors with the MyFord Touch system?

Thanks in advance,
SPYC

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Would somebody please tell me what the heck "active guidelines" are???

The lines move with steering input. For example, when using my front camera, I not only have the fixed lines with the red, yellow, and green sections, but as I move the wheel, blue lines appear and move with the steering input to show where the front tires will go with the given steering input. It came in handy when placing the truck on the proper rocks for the creek crossings at Raptoberfest.

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Jaclyn! I think the confusion stems from what is actually available to us. Does the latest software include both fixed AND active guidelines for the REVERSE camera? And is this software only available to Raptors with the MyFord Touch system?

Thanks in advance,
SPYC

Hi, SPYC -

The 3.6.2 software update is exclusive to vehicles equipped with the MyFord Touch system.

Fixed and active guidelines are ON my default with this update.

Jaclyn

155mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2014 shows as having the latest SYNC software. Active guidelines are only on the FRONT camera.

Rear camera only has fixed guidelines. Sorta weird, since I know the Ford Edge, Lincoln MKZ, and some other Ford products have the active guidelines for the rear too, but it's always been that way.

Active guidelines for the rear camera aren't that big of a deal, but I do wish they would update the "productivity screen" gauge options. All they show is transmission temp, which there is already a dedicated gauge for. How about something semi-useful like individual tire pressures and a compass or something.