Reverse camera issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DCSVT1

Reaction score
Recent issues withe the reverse camera on my Gen 1 with nav screen. The image is reversed and the guide lines disappeared. Is this a setting I can't find??

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Usually means it’s time to replace the camera. OEM ford is around $180 and a Chinese one is $50ish. You can try to reset the camera with FORScan or just unhook the battery of the truck for a little while and try again, but usually the camera is done.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Usually means it’s time to replace the camera. OEM ford is around $180 and a Chinese one is $50ish. You can try to reset the camera with FORScan or just unhook the battery of the truck for a little while and try again, but usually the camera is done.
Yes, that was my experience. First the guidelines disappeared, and no amount of fiddling with the settings or battery cable kicks in the butt would get them back. Then the camera failed altogether. The cost of replacement at the Ford dealership was as follows:
Camera Assembly - $478.77
Ford oval name plate - $42.44
Labor - $240.00
TOTAL - $761.21