Retail before Stock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again, I totally agree with what youbare saying here. I figured this to be yhe case; however, its not. The retail orders are showing "built" and "shipped" right now. All of the stock orders that were built 1-2 weeks before these retail orders still show in-production, even though they are clearly built by now. Further, they are not shipping yet. This is evident on everyone's trackers.

My hope is that the trackers just aren't updating for the stock orders and they'll still ve arriving when the est ETAs are showing.
Correct I think truly they are sitting cause I've been watching a few going to Virgina ect and they are pushing delivery dates out. I firmly think some or most of these that were built end of July early August are either stuck in QC issues or something else. If you remember my one post mid August that the end of July early August they had a paint issue on hoods. Maybe there trying to get caught up till they got down time say this week for instance on one shift to maybe catch up. Or maybe QC is backed up with all the repairs last week on dozens of them to get these first ones fixed from early August. I think from what my plant source had said is they could be switching to retail orders now and focusing on those that are indeed sold already and have deposits(guaranteed buyers waiting).

OP
OP
Raptor37

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct I think truly they are sitting cause I've been watching a few going to Virgina ect and they are pushing delivery dates out. I firmly think some or most of these that were built end of July early August are either stuck in QC issues or something else. If you remember my one post mid August that the end of July early August they had a paint issue on hoods. Maybe there trying to get caught up till they got down time say this week for instance on one shift to maybe catch up. Or maybe QC is backed up with all the repairs last week on dozens of them to get these first ones fixed from early August. I think from what my plant source had said is they could be switching to retail orders now and focusing on those that are indeed sold already and have deposits(guaranteed buyers waiting).
All very plausible. My only thing is, just make the ETA a TBD then or let the dealers know whats going on because I keep getting let down when my new ETA gets pushed...lol.

I had a 30Aug ETA now I have a 9Sep ETA but I dont think thats possible if it doesn't ship!

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All very plausible. My only thing is, just make the ETA a TBD then or let the dealers know whats going on because I keep getting let down when my new ETA gets pushed...lol.

I had a 30Aug ETA now I have a 9Sep ETA but I dont think thats possible if it doesn't ship!
Very true as well, but apparently making people wonder is the key here! From what Ive seen its like the shipping tracker(pals) doesn't fully update till its delivered. This whole process sucks so I feel for ya to as yours seems to be done. I guess we'll see if maybe theres any updates this week in deliveries as theres supposed to be scheduling updates. Its all we can hope for at this point.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to FP yesterday since mine has been in production since 8/15. He said mine was sent off site and that could mean sent off for bed liner or cover. He believed it to be done. He did say it could have been sent off site and waiting to ship, but obviously wasn't sure. My Eta to dealer is 9/5 so I hope it is just waiting to ship. Keep seeing other people's trucks completed while some are still waiting in production with no reasons.
Would contacting Palsapp get any answers? I am not sure if they may have a log of what VIN's they are scheduled to pick up on certain days or not.

AustinRaptor512

Reaction score
Same boat as you guys except mine is a retail order. Been “in production” since 8/16. FP sees it as “in production/processed”. They believe it could be waiting for shipment as well, but they don’t have definitive information. My ETA to dealer is still 9/16-9/22. My initial guess was the tracker was just terrible at updating, but now I’m seeing guys get “built” and “shipped” within days of their blend date.