Retail before Stock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Starting to see a lot of Raptors being put into "built" and "shipped" status that were produced after mine.

I'm curious if these are retail...

Mine was a stock order I found and worked a deal in that went into production 03Aug but has been sitting produced since 10Aug.

Would Ford purposely send retail before these earlier built stock orders?

Yes I have spray-in but some of these shipped ones do too so thats not the holdup...

Anyways, looking for thoughts.

Last edited:

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty curious on this too. Trackers for a lot of the early stock builds are still showing in production (with an ETA). Some retail orders built long after the stock orders are showing shipped already.

Maybe the tracker just doesn't update as well for stock orders? Or maybe they are holding the early builds for testing or QC related?

jgibson21

Reaction score
Starting to see a lot of Raptors being put into "built" and "shipped" status that were produced after mine.

I'm curious if these are retail...

Mine was a stock order I found and worked a deal in that went into production 03Aug but has been sitting produced since 10Aug.

Would Ford purposely send retail before these earlier built stock orders?

Yes I have spray-in but some of these shipped ones due too so thats not the holdup...

Anyways, looking for thoughts.
I was wondering the same thing. Mine is a stock order that was produced July 26 and was sent to the body company on July 29. No further updates since.

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. Mine is a stock order that was produced July 26 and was sent to the body company on July 29. No further updates since.
I have almost the same story! Blend date of 07/28.

OP
OP
Raptor37

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, mine was sent to body and then sent off site on 19Aug. Nothing since that. This is the detailed dealer update I received on 23Aug. My ETA is 03-09Sep now but that means nothing but an auto fill if it doesn't show as shipped!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210823-140122_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20210823-140122_Messages.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 57

G-Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You read this forum and you see the comments from those knowledgable, they say stock orders are built first and custom orders a bit later to make sure everything is up to *****. Pandemic builds could be anything at this point. They are making a lot of them and I bet some end up with you tubers n magazines.

Kenny Lee

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat.
Don’t know what’s going on .
Window sticker won’t come up on the tracker anymore either.

Attachments

• C7539B89-E1A1-4C16-88CC-6B949F89FCC3.png
    C7539B89-E1A1-4C16-88CC-6B949F89FCC3.png
    335.8 KB · Views: 27

muditup

Reaction score
Mine was a retail order.
I can’t speak about Ford, but when I ordered my Charger Hellcat the dealer told me only retail orders were being build no dealer stock. Who knows!1630175397756.gif

OP
OP
Raptor37

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat.
Don’t know what’s going on .
Window sticker won’t come up on the tracker anymore either.
Odd. We are definitely in the same boat! Even though I was produced 7 days before you, we were both sent offsite on 19 Aug. Some say the sent offsite thing is for spray in but I am not too sure at this point...

Starting to think Stock orders are just waiting, for what, I don't know.

OP
OP
Raptor37

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was a retail order.
I can’t speak about Ford, but when I ordered my Charger Hellcat the dealer told me only retail orders were being build no dealer stock. Who knows!View attachment 317495
Yeah, that is odd. The more odd thing is Ford IS building the Stock orders! Just doesn't appear that they are getting them out the door...