Retail before Stock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Raptor37

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am with you all. 8/13 blend, 8/15 in production and still doesn’t show built. I have a 9/15 Est. and can’t see window sticker. I chatted with FP on Friday but they don’t give me any more info than what I already know from the tracker. They told me that it still shows in production but you have an ETA of 8/30 - 9/5. My truck used to show up when I did an inventory search on Ford but now it does not show up at all.
All are exactly the same for me.

Cannot see the sticker, doesnt show in the local incoming inventory.

I asked my dealer and they said they put in the system that its spoken for so maybe thats why it doesnt show in the inventory...

Did you already pay for yours? I did, in full last week, dont know if that has anything to do with that.

The unknown is laughable at the very least... I wish we could have some solid intel on this. One thing is for sure, Stock orders are definitely coming across on the customer sites differently and are being rolled out differently, not sure why though...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Stealership stock orders get processed first, then customer orders.

OP
OP
Raptor37

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stealership stock orders get processed first, then customer orders.
Yes, it is apparent that they were produced and built first but the shipping is another situation. It seems that the retail orders are being shipped out first.

That was my question, does anyone know why that would be...

G-Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford just put in a massive recall for F-150 with potentially bad seatbelt set ups. Who knows what is going on.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All are exactly the same for me.

Cannot see the sticker, doesnt show in the local incoming inventory.

I asked my dealer and they said they put in the system that its spoken for so maybe thats why it doesnt show in the inventory...

Did you already pay for yours? I did, in full last week, dont know if that has anything to do with that.

The unknown is laughable at the very least... I wish we could have some solid intel on this. One thing is for sure, Stock orders are definitely coming across on the customer sites differently and are being rolled out differently, not sure why though...
I have not paid for mine, only the deposit.
You would think if it is spoken for, Ford should now treat it as a retail order and get it out. My dealer told me something similar as soon as my order was submitted yet it does not show that anywhere. My order only shows dealer stock.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yes, it is apparent that they were produced and built first but the shipping is another situation. It seems that the retail orders are being shipped out first.

That was my question, does anyone know why that would be...

By “processed first” I meant they are built, final QA, a subset are put aside for press mules, and dealer stock orders are sent out. Recalls be damned. Some of the more seasoned Gen2 owners will remember that late in 2016, Ford put a hold on shipping out the trucks for additional QA. On top of that we had one year of Gen 2 sent out and held. We had users who had their trucks on the stealership lots, but Ford would not OK delivery - that may have been the seat belt recall(?).

So yes, stealership ordered trucks are built, and sent out first. The ones without bead lock capable wheels, bed liners, etc. typically made to the showrooms first.

The reason this is done is multi-fold.
Ford wants favorable press. If Ford is anything like Japanese manufacturers, and motorcycle manufacturers are notorious for this, Ford will deliver press trucks with a “find tooth comb” inspection; the best of the best examples. Fit, finish, ecu programming, shifting, engine performance all gone over thoroughly. As an example, motorcycle “press bikes” are essentially “super stock” class race bikes, there’s no part deviation from stock, but all the parts are hand selected, the entire rotating assembly balanced to within fractions of microns, castings are as closely matched as is humanly with computer assistance possible, at least light porting is done. This is only the engine. The entire bike is gone through top to bottom. It’s been shown to be worth between 10-15 hp at the wheel. While that’s nothing on a 6000 pound truck, it’s a lot on a 430 pound motorcycle. Dyno numbers proved this out year over year. You couldn’t buy a bike that put down anywhere near magazine numbers off any showroom floor, anywhere.

Stealerships also want first dibs to generate interest and sales. They get the Raptor and PROMINENTLY display it for whatever time they have it. My truck sat for a sum total of 3 hours or so outside, it was kept in the bays until I picked it up, they did PDI and put it outside ready for my test drive. It would have had to underperformed badly for me to say no, but you never know. I bought from a family owned stealership so they were pretty good about the whole transaction. No hard selling, extra selling, etc.

ADM stealerships typically set that truck in the showroom or just outside so folks can gawk and dream, and salesbots can upsell unwitting buyers.

OP
OP
Raptor37

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By “processed first” I meant they are built, final QA, a subset are put aside for press mules, and dealer stock orders are sent out. Recalls be damned. Some of the more seasoned Gen2 owners will remember that late in 2016, Ford put a hold on shipping out the trucks for additional QA. On top of that we had one year of Gen 2 sent out and held. We had users who had their trucks on the stealership lots, but Ford would not OK delivery - that may have been the seat belt recall(?).

So yes, stealership ordered trucks are built, and sent out first. The ones without bead lock capable wheels, bed liners, etc. typically made to the showrooms first.

The reason this is done is multi-fold.
Ford wants favorable press. If Ford is anything like Japanese manufacturers, and motorcycle manufacturers are notorious for this, Ford will deliver press trucks with a “find tooth comb” inspection; the best of the best examples. Fit, finish, ecu programming, shifting, engine performance all gone over thoroughly. As an example, motorcycle “press bikes” are essentially “super stock” class race bikes, there’s no part deviation from stock, but all the parts are hand selected, the entire rotating assembly balanced to within fractions of microns, castings are as closely matched as is humanly with computer assistance possible, at least light porting is done. This is only the engine. The entire bike is gone through top to bottom. It’s been shown to be worth between 10-15 hp at the wheel. While that’s nothing on a 6000 pound truck, it’s a lot on a 430 pound motorcycle. Dyno numbers proved this out year over year. You couldn’t buy a bike that put down anywhere near magazine numbers off any showroom floor, anywhere.

Stealerships also want first dibs to generate interest and sales. They get the Raptor and PROMINENTLY display it for whatever time they have it. My truck sat for a sum total of 3 hours or so outside, it was kept in the bays until I picked it up, they did PDI and put it outside ready for my test drive. It would have had to underperformed badly for me to say no, but you never know. I bought from a family owned stealership so they were pretty good about the whole transaction. No hard selling, extra selling, etc.

ADM stealerships typically set that truck in the showroom or just outside so folks can gawk and dream, and salesbots can upsell unwitting buyers.
Again, I totally agree with what youbare saying here. I figured this to be yhe case; however, its not. The retail orders are showing "built" and "shipped" right now. All of the stock orders that were built 1-2 weeks before these retail orders still show in-production, even though they are clearly built by now. Further, they are not shipping yet. This is evident on everyone's trackers.

My hope is that the trackers just aren't updating for the stock orders and they'll still ve arriving when the est ETAs are showing.