Researching a new truck experience and my decision

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wanderfalk

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The feedback is confusing to me

Ditto on better ride quality!

There is a concurrent thread running on this forum about the relative smoothness of the typical f150 on city streets compared to the raptor.This was my impression from the four test drives i took. The king ranch and limited edition ran much smoother over broken pavement in town. The raptor felt good on the freeway and mountain roads. The raptor felt very firmly planted on the road. That was my favorite part of the ride. The debate over relative ride quality on broken asphalt is confusing both on this forum and professional reviews . They seems to range from like riding on a cloud to roughest ride ever. The ride seems to match the look and purpose of the raptor. When mine is finally delivered i expect a slightly abrupt ride in town on broken pavement,a good highway ride, and a really good offroad ride. rh

Battlefront

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I absolutely love this truck. What sold me on it was not only the looks but the ride quality when I test drove one. Totally not what I was expecting. These trucks have a very nice ride in my opinion and just feel well built.
I definitely feel connected to this truck. From the quality of the seats to the sound of the exhaust to the stares it gets when I'm driving in town.
You won't be disappointed
And you made the right choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Battlefront

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you trafficman!! The wait Is well worth it as you will soon find out.
I'm rootin for all you guys waiting.
Your time will come!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trafficman337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my VIN and build date (8/5/13) yesterday. Thanks! I remember how much I waited for my 2010 to get built and come in. When that truck came in, I never thought I would sell it. Now I am back at the waiting game!

ESRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think if you consider what this truck was built for and how capable it is off-road, the ride is excellent. My wife thinks it rides better than her Crosstour.

Battlefront

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my VIN and build date (8/5/13) yesterday. Thanks! I remember how much I waited for my 2010 to get built and come in. When that truck came in, I never thought I would sell it. Now I am back at the waiting game!

Excellent News!!..... I forgot you already owned a 2010. !!
So you already know all the goodness that these trucks have to offer :) lol

trafficman337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent News!!..... I forgot you already owned a 2010. !!
So you already know all the goodness that these trucks have to offer :) lol

In my own opinion, not only a great truck, but a great piece of American workmanship. Granted, some of the parts may be made elsewhere, I fly the blue oval proudly!:gathering:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The feeling of being connected to the road is what absolutely sold me on this truck. Compared to the other F150s I have driven: XLT, Lariat, FX4, and Platinum, the Raptor is the only version that truly makes you feel as though you are one with the road. It's reminiscent of my current truck (Nissan Titan PRO-4X), but even more so thanks to the better suspension, thicker steering wheel, and bucket seats. My Titan feels surprisingly well-connected to the road, but it pales in comparison to that of the Raptor. You made the right choice.