Researching a new truck experience and my decision

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After driving and pricing the GMC, Dodge, and Ford truck lines. I made the unlikely decision to buy raptor. I know all the knocks on the Raptor low mpg, more road noise,ride quality ect. When push came to shove, it came down to this. All the other trucks seemed almost the same with small differences , about the same ride quality, gas mileage,and motor options ect. So why the raptor? It got my intention from the second I turned the key. i felt connected to the truck not isolated from it and the road. A blast from the past reminding me of the 1952 willis wagon I owned when I was 19years old. A little to loud,a little to harsh , but a lot of fun...for 50k a truck should make you smile and not be like every other truck on the road.....rh

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You need to do some more research ... ride quality is excellent. It does not drive like a 6000 pound truck with 35" tires. And given the size of the tires, it does not produce much road noise at all.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Definitely made the right call. I feel like a kid every time I drive mine. I've decided moving forward in my life to ask myself before I buy a vehicle if 10 year old me would think its badass. If no, then not the right vehicle.

trafficman337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my second Raptor on order. I owned a beautful 2010 and sold it to buy the 2013. All of our friends on the site have stated great info! The value the truck holds is unreal. The ride is awesome for a truck like this. The bottom line is if you want a truck with great gas mileage, shop for another truck. Honestly, you will accept the mileage for what it is once you start driving the truck. Unmatched looks and quality.

lane_change

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree ride quality was awesome....way better than I expected. MPG was crap, but we all knew that. What I was actually disappointed with was the acceleration. I think my old Hemi Dodge was just as fast 0-60mph. Hoping the intake, exhaust, and tune will wake the truck up once it arrives.