Replacing Factory Tweeters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Sony Nav and upgraded sound system in my scab. And like most people, I think it sounds like crap. Has anyone replaced the factory tweeters on the pillars? I've seen/read plenty of people replacing the door speakers, but haven't been able to find anything about the pillars. Mainly trying to figure out what size is in there and what after market size will fit. Current looking at the JL Audio C3-570s for the front doors.

JL Audio C3-570 Evolution C3 Series 5" x 7" / 6" x 8" 2-way Component/Coaxial Speakers System

mcasseba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did with C2 0075 and made a custom metal bracket to hold them I'm place. They sound much better.

Turf Tamer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just finished installing a set of Pioneer TS-T110 tweeters. I had to dremel the Tweeter shroud a little so they would sit flush, but beyond that it was a pretty straight forward install. Sounds MUCH crisper than the stock (none Sony) tweeters did, plus I'm liking the black mesh grille better than the stock silver one.

37190532.jpg

f0ea3a60.jpg

95ffec5e.jpg