Recon vs. Spyder Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aventador22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I'm looking to purchase some smoked LED Tail lights and I am torn between Recon and Spyder.

For the Recons: They're flawless for some people, while for others they're terrible and have many problems. They look better as they are tinted. They would also be the same brand as my 3rd Brake Light, which I purchased cause I couldn't find another brand that made them. Downsides would include quality, Recon reputation and customer service, and the reverse light isn't LED.

For the Spyders: Better built, better quality, Phillips lighting. Haven't heard anything bad about them. Downside is that they don't look as nice as the Recons.

Can someone verify the info above and please help me pick?! Owners please speak up and tell me the pros and cons of the ones you guys have.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376564399037.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376564399037.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 102

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice looks Nick.
I like the fact that the lenses come non tinted from Spyder. Tented lenses are not legal in some states.

If I had to choose between these two, I'd go Spyder. To much variability with Recon. Not to many people unhappy with Spydie.

Yukon Joe
GLRE Support Raptor
WWW.RUNRAPTORRUN.COM

OP
OP
Aventador22

Aventador22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Nick. For the Spyders, is the reverse light LED as well? And you only got the side of them tinted correct, or the whole thing?

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It uses the factory bulb but I replaced it with an led. The whole light is tinted except the reverse light area and then the whole light was clear coated