Recon Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KyKult47

KyKult47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contacted Recon they sending me a resistors that I'll have to wire in because I also have a tail gate LED strip.....

bruceboyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wiring was easy - although 1st time round I blew a 15A fuse! I have my headlights wired up to the running lights. Looks way cool at dusk. Wish the halo's were way brighter though. Quality is ok (not OEM though). No water leaks yet.

As for the fast "blinking" with the LED taillights - I had the same issue but the system seemed to "learn" and correct itself after a couple of minutes (switching the engine on and off seemed to help)! Now they run like before (with the old bulbs). Scarry!!!

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bruce, are the Recon projector lights HID's or are they just standard halogen projectors with an upgraded bulb?... or maybe I'm totally confused... its happened before.

I love the style and look of them on the black rap and am seriously considering a set, so long as the main beam throws enough light.

OP
OP
KyKult47

KyKult47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got the four resistors for my tailights. They are suppose to stop the fast blinking problem that I am having with their smoke LED tailights.

Wired them in and I still have the same problem going to call tech Thursday and give them one more shot before I box these lights up and ship them back to them.

OP
OP
KyKult47

KyKult47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iam sending my Recon taillights back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
KyKult47

KyKult47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the way they look but the fast blinking is driving me nuts. Recon sent me four resistors that I wired into them but that did nothing to help. They said send them back and they would rewire them??????

That's my next move.

bruceboyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Recon headlights are not HID. I did change the bulbs to white 4600. The low and high beams are much better now, but I would not call them spectactular!! Just average. I'm not the kinda guy who takes every opportunity to use my high beams - I leave that to the minivan crowd!!

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Recon headlights are not HID. I did change the bulbs to white 4600. The low and high beams are much better now, but I would not call them spectactular!! Just average. I'm not the kinda guy who takes every opportunity to use my high beams - I leave that to the minivan crowd!!

Thanks! I guess I'll just have to pony up the dough for an HID kit while I'm at it then!